The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 26, 2012, 10:24 PM   #1
BuddyP

Advice on pricing a BPS

I have a field model, Browning BPS 12 gauge and am looking to sell. Does the fact that it is the NWTF anniversary model increase the value? What would be maximum asking price and the minimum price I should accept for the gun. It was won at a raffle so input will not offend me.
Old November 27, 2012, 12:03 AM   #2
the rifleer

I'll give you twice whatever you paid for the raffle ticket
Old November 27, 2012, 08:24 AM   #3
BuddyP

HAHA well maybe if I get desperate! Im hoping to sell it to my fiance's father, without breaking his bank or screwing me either.
Old November 27, 2012, 11:28 AM   #4
BigJimP

We need more info....on the gun...

NWTF - whatever it is, might hurt the value - if the receiver is engraved with it .... What is NWTF and is the gun marked in any way ?

How long is the barrel ?

Does it have changeable screw in chokes ? If yes, what style is the choke - are they Invector or Invector Plus ? What chokes are with it ?

Any scratches or handling marks on the gun ?

How many shells have been run thru it approximately ?

Have you checked the serial number on the browning web site to determine the year the gun was made ...its under support, the banner at top of website...?

( a photo would really help )...
Old November 27, 2012, 12:32 PM   #5
PetahW

FYI - "NWTF: = National Wild Turkey Foundation", and FWIW, such markings generally devalue any firearm so marked for various customers, except for members of the particular association (NWTF in this case).

Firearms so stamped/marked usually change hands for about 20% less then an otherweise identical, but unstamped, specimen in the same overall condition because most buyers would prefer their firearm not be so marked.

AFAIK there is NO collector market for BPS'.

A BPS in excellent condition will usually sell for $400-$450- which would put a fair market value of a NWTF BPS at $375-$400, +/- IMHO.