The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 20, 2011, 12:04 AM   #1
Javidaxkid

Taurus PT 101 Cal .40

So I own a Taurus PT101 cal .40 and my brother borrowed it for outdoor practice and I´m pretty sure he damaged and replaced the spring that goes underneath the barrel! Now I believe the spring he replaced is larger than the original one! Right now the spring on my Taurus measures 13cm with 6mm (13.6cm)My question for anyone is, What is the perfect length for that spring?
I want to have my Taurus PT101 fixed because when I aim to a target the hit goes about 1 foot to the right of where I aimed making me miss every shot........ not good!! Need help asap!!! Please send me a email to [email protected] so dat i can receive much faster your answers, or post them here, I´ll really reaaally apreciate it ;p

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Javidaxkid; April 20, 2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old April 20, 2011, 12:46 PM   #2
Javidaxkid

thanks
Old April 21, 2011, 10:07 AM   #3
nefprotector

I dont think a "Spring" would have any impact on where you gun is hitting. Might want to asked the guy that borrowed the gun what did he do to your sights.
Old April 22, 2011, 03:36 PM   #4
Javidaxkid

I dont have the manual, i bought it from a guy that needed quick cash jeje where I live it´s harder to find parts or technical help, i moved to Honduras in central america and everything here has become a bit harder for me, jeje
But ima try something with da sights that probably will work, I´ll build a type of gun pedestal in order to measure correctly how far away the bullet goes from the target it´s really aiming. Good thing about is ima do a lot of shots jeje gotta love dat bum!
Hopefully that´ll work, if not, ima have someone get it 4 me on a trip back to my beautiful U.S.
Thanks a lot guys, I´ll keep you posted on how it goes for me.