The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 14, 2017, 04:43 PM   #1
JSMidd

RCBS Customer Service - amazing...

I sent an email to RCBS to let them know that I had misplaced a small metal retention arm off my Hand Priming Tool, asking how I can pay them for another one.

They not only responded, they responded quickly. They not only responded quickly, they offered several options to solve my problem, and offered to do so on their dime. They are shipping me, for free, this small part that is not offered on their website at their own expense to "make sure that customers like you can always keep using our products."

I love it when companies treat customers well!
"Those who were rebuilding the wall and those who carried burdens took their load with one hand doing the work and the other holding a weapon...neither I, my brothers, my servants, nor the men of the guard who followed me, none of us removed our clothes, each took his weapon even to the water."
Nehemiah 4
Old June 14, 2017, 05:26 PM   #2
NHSHOOTER

Question, are you talking about that curved arm that keeps the handle from opening too far? If so, I bent mine, got it back in close to right but it does hand up..
Old June 14, 2017, 07:00 PM   #3
Geezerbiker

I couldn't agree more. I was given a couple sets of dies for my grandson's .270 but the guts of the sizer dies was missing. I expected to pay for these but RCBS replaced them under warranty.

BTW, one set is full length size and the other is neck size only...

Tony
Old June 22, 2017, 12:31 PM   #4
hdwhit

Quote:
..."make sure that customers like you can always keep using our products."
They've sure got me hooked.

Except for the Lee Speed Dies (no longer made) I bought for some rounds I didn't intend on loading more than a few hundred rounds in my lifetime, every time I have strayed from the RCBS fold, I have ended up regretting it.
Old June 22, 2017, 12:50 PM   #5
T. O'Heir

RCBS has done stuff like that since long before there was an Internet. Sent 'em a letter years ago asking where I could get decapping pins. Got a list of Canadian retailers and a package of pins in about 6 weeks from the date I sent the letter.
"...RCBS replaced them under warranty..." Their warrantee is for the life of the item, period. Regardless of who bought the thing originally. Buy used kit and the warrantee applies too.
Old June 23, 2017, 06:59 AM   #6
Geezerbiker

Back before the internet was popular, I wanted a set of carbide .380 ACP dies with a taper crimp but all I could find around town was roll crimp dies. I called RCBS, and was told to buy the roll crimp dies and send the crimp/seater die in for exchange. I send them a stripped die and I got back a die with all it's bits in a new RCBS die box. This is only one of my good experiences with their customer service.
Old June 23, 2017, 07:32 AM   #7
mineralman55

I agree their customer service is outstanding. Now I wish they would follow through on their "rebates". I've applied for three over the years, and they've never once rebated me a thing.
Old June 23, 2017, 08:07 AM   #8
Tsquared

The only time I have contacted them was when I missed a berdan primer case and snapped my de-primer off at the threads. I screwed up and fully expected to buy another one. The guy I spoke with said we have all done that at some point or the other. He then asked my address. He shipped me the standard pin holder, the spring-loaded one for progressive presses, and a bag of replacement pins. All on their dime.

Anytime I need a new tool or die I look at RCBS first. Their after the sell support builds customer loyalty.
Old June 23, 2017, 08:14 AM   #9
603Country

Back in about 1982 or so, I bought an RCBS primer seater for $12.95 (I still had the box). In 2015, it broke. I called RCBS and they had one of those left, way back in a dusty warehouse, and they sent it to me for free. It broke quickly. I called RCBS and they sent me the new model for free. RCBS is great.

33 year old primer seater that cost under $13, and they replaced it twice for free. Man, who else does that?
Old June 24, 2017, 02:11 PM   #10
Reloader270

RCBS replace quite a lot of parts on my RCBS Piggy Back press without any cost! This is unheard from most other brands. RCBS is a proud Company and they have reason to be proud. They stood by their products!
Old June 25, 2017, 09:16 AM   #11
Doublehelix3216

@mineralman55: I received a rebate from them last year fairly quickly FWIW. Did you ever contact them to check on the status? I am pretty sure they sent me a link where I could check the status (don't quote me on that... it has been a while).

I also have had great support from RCBS in replacing faulty pieces, but unfortunately, I have seen more faulty pieces lately than I would care to see. They are good at replacing parts and responding to issues, but it seems that they need to spend some more time preventing those issues to begin with.

Just my 2 cents...
Old July 12, 2017, 12:01 AM   #12
Rcobb

I reload 2.23 Rem. While doing ladder test for the 2.23, the standard deviations were quite high (in the high 40's). After reading about high SD's it stated some causes were from to much of a crimp. So, I measured my expanding stem, it measured 0.219". It should have measured 0.222 to 0.221". That said I emailed RCBS customer service with my findings plus a photo of the expanding ball being measured with my micrometer.
In a returned email the service guy apologized for my inconvenience and told me a new sizing stem was on its way. Four days later I received two sizing stems and dozen decapping pins. Since that day six months ago I've spent about $500 in RCBS products. Because of the customer service support.
Those two stems and dozen pins, made me a life time customer.

Oh yeah.... My Standard Deviations are now in the single digits....
Old July 12, 2017, 12:48 PM   #13
BobCat45

Wrote and asked RCBS Customer Service where I could purchase replacement plastic parts for my ancient hand-held priming tool; the originals were worn out and none of the LGS or even online places seemed to have them for sale.

The sent them to me on "warranty" even though I specifically asked where to purchase them. I wore the parts out, they were not defective, plastic does not last forever. Amazing.
Old July 12, 2017, 03:19 PM   #14
briandg

I had good service before, the last time I used them, the guy was snarky and snotty a could be.
Old July 13, 2017, 09:10 AM   #15
reinert

Near a couple of years ago now, my old, well-used RCBS vibratory case cleaner quite me, so I boxed it up with a note inside asking to please fix. I was ready to pay whatever fee they'd charge for the service. Less than 2 weeks from the day I sent the broke one in, I got a brand new one sent to my front door with a note inside saying no charge, under warranty, thanks for using our product. I never did send the warranty card in from my first one...

Prior to that, and maybe a year earlier, I got an '06 case stuck badly enough in the F.L. sizing die so that I couldn't budge it, no matter how I tried using my stuck case remover. Called RCBS, they said send it in. I wrapped a bit of bubble wrap around it, put it in a padded manila envelope and sent it off. About a week later it came back in one of their green die boxes. No charge, thanked me for using their product, and said they were sorry they couldn't save that stuck case... (smiley face...).

Those are the only two times I've needed to use the customer services from RCBS. Outstanding. Though I do use Lee, Redding (great C.S., too), Lyman and Hornady reloading equipment, 95% of my stuff is RCBS. No problems since I started my reloading journey near 40 years ago. No worries trusting to their C.S., either.
Old July 13, 2017, 09:21 AM   #16
Bayou

RCBS has stellar customer service, in my experience. So much so, that I buy their products to the exclusion of others.....

Bayou

Bayou
NRA Life Member
"Keep Calm and Reload"
Old July 15, 2017, 07:00 PM   #17
RC20

I broke my intertia bullet puller

Sent them a querry. Will see what comes back, usually a new unit.
Old July 16, 2017, 12:29 AM   #18
briandg

An inertia pulled from them is the same puller as most of the others. It's green. It costs nothing to send a new one free while making a friend.

Ever wondered how much it costs to make and send a pack of decapping pins?