The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 22, 2010, 08:41 PM   #1
ekopwoc

Laurona question

I have a friend who has recently acquired a Laurona (Eibar) O/U Model 1200 KGS (or KG5). He has asked me to try to develope some info for him.

I've done some searching and have determined that it was imported by Jana Int'l of Denver I believe the G in the model number signifies double selective triggers. Don't know what the K or S (5?) stand for. There is no visible serial # so I assume it is internal.

It has a butt pad which is marked "Gun Pad" (I think) and has MTC stamped on the bottom of it. I don't know if this is OE, or an addition.

The triggers are a gold plate color and the scroll work seems to be pretty good.

I'd be interested in any info concerning these questions, plus approximate value (80% condition) and overall quality. The mechanism seems qualilty to me. Thanks.
Old February 23, 2010, 07:24 PM   #2
ekopwoc

Well, rats! I thought sure someone on here would have some answers. Well, thanks, anyway.
Old February 23, 2010, 07:52 PM   #3
oneounceload

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/Every...il.aspx?id=587

Quote:
Laurona long guns come standard with a black chrome metal finish that is extremely resistant to oxidation. Left hand stocks are available for the 83 MG Super Game, 85 MS Super Game, Trap, and Super Skeet, Silhouette Trap models, and Silhouette Sporting Clays.
Suffix designations on Laurona shotguns refer to the following: G - twin non-selective triggers, S - selective single trigger, M - multi-chokes, T - Tulip, BV - beavertail, U - single non-selected triggers.
If your friend can get all of the markings on the water table and barrel flats, more info might be available