The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 8, 2013, 10:53 PM   #1
Chaz88

Can anybody tell me about the Beretta 92 FS M?

I have a full size 92 FS and am thinking about getting a 92 FS M single stack for another CC option. Opinions from anyone with experience would be nice. My usual CC is S&W mod. 3914 if anyone can compare the two that would also be nice. Than you.

No spelun and grammar is not my specialty. So please don't hurt my sensitive little feelings by teasing me about it.
Old November 9, 2013, 04:34 PM   #2
Sharpsdressed Man

I had one, and it was a bit thicker in the grip than a Walther P5C, and way thicker than a S&W 3913, or Walther PPS. There are way too many smaller, less expensive, BETTER concealment weapons out there, UNLESS you particularly LOVE the Beretta platform, and want to stay consistent. Then the 92 single stacks with plastic grips are the way to go. When you add the wood grips, they are just about the same as the full size 92FS with plastic grips.
Old November 9, 2013, 09:27 PM   #3
Chaz88

Thanks. I was hoping the single stack version would be thinner than you have described. Might have to look at some more options. I would like something different that is constructed more along the lines of the S&W 3914. I just bought my oldest daughter a Beretta nano and I think it is not bad for what it is intended for but it is just not my type of gun.

No spelun and grammar is not my specialty. So please don't hurt my sensitive little feelings by teasing me about it.
Old November 10, 2013, 12:53 PM   #4
dgludwig

Far be it from me to ever talk anyone out of buying a new gun, but I don't think you can do much better in terms of an ideal carry concealed pistol than the Smith Model 3914 you already have.
Old November 10, 2013, 01:06 PM   #5
Chaz88

Quote:
I don't think you can do much better in terms of an ideal carry concealed pistol than the Smith Model 3914 you already have.
I think you might be correct. I have had it a long time and have not found anything I think I would like better. But would be nice to have another option or two laying around that I like. I have a number of full size options but I like it when I can just leave my shirt tail out for CC.

Old November 10, 2013, 02:20 PM   #6
Sharpsdressed Man

I kept a Walther PPS over my S&W 3914 simply due to wanting to decrease my number of 9's. The 3914 was almost as thin, and was a great gun; I just didn't need that many mini-9's. They are both in a different class than the noticeably larger 92FS-M.
Old November 10, 2013, 02:41 PM   #7
Chaz88

I am going to have to look at the PPS again. Might be more like what I am looking for. I do not mind having multiple guns in the same caliber, makes reloading and buying simpler.