The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old May 27, 2009, 03:01 PM   #1
NJCSD

2nd Amendment March comes to NJ!

Ladies and Gentlemen, in times past I've posted under the name 'Rovert' on the forum here (even before it was shut down and subsequently reopened those many years ago) but I have created this ID to pass along information from our organization that I believe is of high value to our community. Please forgive the somewhat 'cheeky' nature of the request, but I'm sure you understand the need.

Dear fellow patriots,

By now, many of you are familiar with the Second Amendment March.

We are proud to announce that the NJCSD has been named as the Official Sponsor of the SAM for the Garden State. We will be responsible for coordinating Town Hall style events around the state and with your help and support, I know that this will be a history-making series of events.

Skip Coryell, the founder of the SAM, will be flying in from Michigan to deliver a PowerPoint presentation called "The 2nd Amendment: Its Origin and Purpose", followed by discussion about logistics related to the Washington and Trenton marches.

The first such Town Hall event will be held on July 17th (Fri) at 7PM at Fairleigh Dickinson University's Teaneck campus. Other venues will be announced as they become available.

Please CLICK ON THIS LINK ASAP to reserve your seat.

Those of you who would like to help promote the event with flyers, please let us know and we'll get some to you, or you can download the file from our website library and print them yourselves. The flyer can be found at this link here: PRINTABLE FLYER

If you know of any locations where we can hold other 2nd Amendment March Town Hall meetings for that same weekend (JULY 18th and the morning of JULY 19th) preferably in the NW and Central areas of the state (counties of Sussex/Warren, Hunterdon, and Monmouth/Ocean), please let us know IMMEDIATELY so we can get to work securing them for that weekend. Those of you who desire to hold a Town Hall further south (Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland) please let us know so that we can arrange for another date because of your proximity to the Philadelphia market which would be done in coordination with the PAFOA.

We've often said that we do what other organizations don't, won't, or can't. I hope the next time someone asks "What has the NJCSD done lately", that this is one more thing you can point to.

Yours in Liberty,
The NJCSD Management Team

Last edited by Al Norris; May 29, 2009 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Moderation Issues
Old May 29, 2009, 09:29 AM   #2
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

For those of you in and around the New Jersey area who would like to support Robert and the NJCSD, or the Second Amendment March, please click on the link in the above post.
Old May 29, 2009, 09:49 AM   #3
Cerick

I'd love to be a part of this march, my only concern is having the Dept. of Homeland Security label me as a "right wing extremist" or a "domestic terrorist" for attending.
Old May 29, 2009, 03:42 PM   #4
USAFNoDak

Wear a jacket with the snake and "Don't Tread on Me" emblem and see how excited they get about you. You'll make the double threat list. A gun owner who wants the government to leave you alone. Oh, boy, you're trouble. Janet Napolitano will be keeping a watchful eye on you.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams.
Old May 30, 2009, 01:55 PM   #5
NJCSD

Quote:
I'd love to be a part of this march, my only concern is having the Dept. of Homeland Security label me as a "right wing extremist" or a "domestic terrorist" for attending.
If that's truly your attitude, then you might as well box your guns up and send them down to Trenton. Jews in Nazi Germany also thought that being quiet to avoid trouble and not attract attention to themselves was a great solution.

If you wonder why we New Jersey residents suffer from the most oppressive gun control in the nation, this is why. Because our community is lazy and not willing to take a risk or fight as hard or harder to defend our rights as the liberals are to take them from us.

Last edited by NJCSD; May 30, 2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old May 30, 2009, 08:00 PM   #6
Cerick

I'm a member of the ANJRPC and regularly send letters to my local and state representatives regarding gun legislation. I don't sit here, post on the internet, and lay back while are rights are taken away. If you think going to a pro CCW march in the State of NJ won't attract unwanted attention to you, then go ahead but I don't want Janet Napolatano sticking her nose where in my personal life. If she considers Veterans of war a threat, what will she think about us?
Old May 31, 2009, 08:37 AM   #7
NJCSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerick
If you think going to a pro CCW march in the State of NJ won't attract unwanted attention to you, then go ahead but I don't want Janet Napolatano sticking her nose where in my personal life.
Cerick, if you think you're not already on a list, you're kidding yourself.

When you got your FID card, you were put on a list. Every handgun you purchased in the state has been put on a list (take a good hard look at the copy of each purchase permit you have). The state of NJ knows who you are, where you live and what you have.

Writing letters is better than nothing, but what legislators fear more than anything is a mobilized population and numbers at an event or on a TV screen. You can sit home, think you're safe, and hope they knock on if you'd like, but you're deluding yourself if you think that you can hide. Or, you can come to the event, take a stand with your fellow gun owners, and give the legislators a moment of pause for a change.

As to Janet Napolitano, I've already written a blog about here: Are You A Terrorist?

I, for one, will not be cowed into submission by the thugs in Trenton or in DC.