The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 31, 2010, 01:31 AM   #626
41 Magnum

Hello from Central Pa.

I use the name "41 Magnum' on several forums. I am a retired Steelworker, with 40 years service. (disability retirement, 10 years ago) I love the shooting sports, & enjoy shooting as much as I can afford to since I retired. I love the Pa. woods & hunting, & fishing season. I am a shooter & reloader for well over 50 years now. I have a small wood shop where I spend a lot of my time. I make pistol & revolver grip panels, mostly for Ruger handguns, but I do make a few 1911's & others from time to time. I have a Lovely & Wonderful Wife, of 47 years now, & we've had 4 children, two of which have gone to be with our Lord My Son Warren died at 3 months of age in 1964, & our Daughter Dana went home to be with the Lord at 34 years of age in 2006.)
I have 6 Grand children, & 2 Great Grandchildren.( Actually, they're all pretty Great!!) I guess that pretty much sums it up !!
Old August 31, 2010, 12:18 PM   #627
emtzach

Hello guys and gals. I am new to the forum and wanted to say hi. I just recieved my conceal permit and purchased a p95dc. I have put about a hundred rounds through her and loved it. I am looking forward to chatting with you all.
Old August 31, 2010, 01:23 PM   #628
Melium

Howdy, i'm Melium from down in Florida. My hobbies include rifle and pistol shooting, welding, and mudding. I just turned 21 and i'm soon applying for my CCW. I own a Mosin Nagant M44, all original. My cousin refurbished it for me for my birthday, stripped the barrel, bolt, and stock. (Cringe) and reblued the barrel and reciever as well as remilled the bolt and had the barrel regrooved. I also own a bolt action Marlin 780 .22LR unmodified and a Mossberg .270 100ATR, scoped.
Old August 31, 2010, 01:57 PM   #629
darrin185

hello everyone

Hello everyone I'm darrin from southeast ga I've had my concealed carry permit for years I'm married with 4great kids I carry a springfield xdm3.8 9mm also a taurus ultra light .38 as back up (when the wife doesn't have it) love the site feel free to message me any time
Old September 3, 2010, 08:37 PM   #630
olhoni

Hello from Central Florida

I'm female and was raised around guns, being taught that all guns are loaded and never point gun at anything/anyone you do not wish destroyed...I've attend Ladies' Day at a local gun club every year for past 4 years, encouraging co-workers/spouses to attend as well (I work with mostly guys so I just print the flyer and ask they give to their wives), concealed weapons license in 2008. I have a few female friends that were a tad anti-gun and ignorant...now they go to Ladies' day with me. Still gently encouraging a couple hold outs, ESPECIALLY if they have any firearms in their home. (IE their hubby's, etc) I'm fine with them not enjoying shooting as much as I do, I am NOT fine with them being ignorant safety-wise regarding handguns/firearms in their homes.

My first personally owned handgun was purchased this past July 4th. (Walther PPK) since have acquired Ruger Single Six .22, Ruger Mark II .22, Glock 19 9mm, S&W SW9VE 9mm..it's nice having a dad and brother that are thrilled that I like to shoot with them. :-)
Old September 4, 2010, 05:15 PM   #631
Nick S.

Just joined

Hi folks. Shooting is a new hobby I started last year for the months that are too cold to scuba dive. I picked up a few used shotguns to use for trap shooting and a pistol for indoor shooting for winter.
Old September 4, 2010, 10:33 PM   #632
dgreen

new guy from northeast ohio

new to the forums, did some lurking and liked what i have read so i joined.
Old September 5, 2010, 01:46 PM   #633
dagger dog

hey!

Can't learn enough about the shooting sports, so I try to read as much as possible.

Experiance is the best teacher, and others that enjoy the sport, hobby are the best source of information!

Glad to meet y'all

dagger dog
Old September 5, 2010, 01:56 PM   #634
Boere SWAT

Hi TFL (guys and gals),
I'm from South Africa, occupied with firearm related matters, as locally registered (and accredited) trainer, instructor & assessor of/in the firearm fields (basic to advance, tactical, practical, sport and hunting). And a proud SAPSA and IPSC Member.
Not to say that we are behind on current matter in the USA (perhaps just a wee bit), but I have learned a lot from monitoring your posts and advise on issues.
Great & Professional Forum and glad to be a member now!
Old September 6, 2010, 11:40 AM   #635
Ogre332

new guy

I've been lurking here for the past couple weeks, figured I'd join.
I've been a correctional officer for the last five years,hoping to move up from there. Just at the point now where I will receive approval to carry on and off duty. So I'm soaking up as much info as possible.
Old September 6, 2010, 03:23 PM   #636
Jo6pak

Well, I ve been on the forum for a bit, so I figure I'd would be right to introduce myself.

Real name is Don, Jo6pak is a moniker I picked up a while ago, and seems to stick with me for reasons unknown.

I've been hunting and shooting since my teens, and now mostly shoot informal "run and gun" courses that we set up on a buddies farm. No serious tactical intent, jsut something to keep things interesting and not just punch paper.

My small collection of about 15 guns spans everything from blackpowder rifle(Traditions Pioneer) and cap n ball revolver (Pietta 1860) thru a few vintage military rifles (M1 Garand, swede, and German Mausers) up to modern black guns (DR200)

Always looking to learn new stuff, and maybe even help others with answers and discussion
Old September 8, 2010, 10:19 PM   #637
4bfox

Hi....I've owned and shot a lot of rifles and pistols over 40-some years, kind of got away from it and discovered Appleseed last year.

So I'll be looking for info on rimfire and centerfire rifles, and probably posting Appleseed info for Kansas......oh yeah, almost forgot...one of my goals in the next year or so is to qualify "Expert" (Rifleman, we call it) on the AQT with my M44....getting close, just need a LITTLE more practice!
Old September 9, 2010, 08:11 PM   #638
TXAZ

Hi,
I've been surfing gun and the Firing Line forums for a while after a relative pointed me to here and others. Thank you to all who served this great country.

TXAZ
Old September 9, 2010, 11:36 PM   #639
c_jackson

My apologies, folks

My name is Cleveland Jackson, retired Staff Sergeant, USMC. I became a member here without an introduction. Sorry fellas, I forgot my manners.
Old September 11, 2010, 10:14 PM   #640
T_Stone

Howdy

Hey Everyone,

Just started up an account here and wanted to say hi!
Old September 12, 2010, 03:42 PM   #641
spirit258

spirit258

Hi guys Im Ron. Just bought a 1938 mauser, and would like to know approx, what its worth. All numbers match, except the bottom plate, and the trigger gaurd. the stock is in excellent shape

[Ron, you will need to post your query in our research forum. - Bud]
Old September 13, 2010, 08:14 PM   #642
SurfRat

Hi Folks – pleased to join you on ‘The Firing Line.’ Having just turned the big 7-Oh, I’m probably the ol’ timer around here. Still have my very first rifle bought as a kid. A Mossberg 151M, .22 semi-auto. And IIRC, I paid about $40 for it. Was good money back then. Added a good number of firearms since, but that old run-of-the-mill Mossberg with its iron sights remains high on the fun-factor list. And the best part is that it still shoots as true as ever. Anyway, ‘proud to be member of your fine forum.
Old September 14, 2010, 10:49 AM   #643
conguero

Long Island Okie(Newbie)

Well, I just signed up this morning. Originally, I am from Brooklyn Long Island New York.
Moved to Tulsa in 2003; it will be seven years next month.

I have a very modest collection of firearms, consisting of handguns & rifles.
That's about it. Oh yeah, even though I loved Long Island, I'm glad to be
away from there. They still have very draconian laws.

They don't seem to be big on second amendment issues. And after I was in
Tulsa for a year, I got my ccw! Very glad to have it, I am!
Old September 15, 2010, 11:15 AM   #644
remingtonmanny

wuts up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im new already posted a thread. jus go 2 general discussion and its name is remington 700 and remington 770
Old September 15, 2010, 03:54 PM   #645
MilProGuy

Newbie here..."oldie" to handguns

Hello all:

I'm a newbie to this forum, but have been a handgun enthusiast since 1991, when I bought my first handgun, a Taurus model 85 .38 Special.

I'm a member of another forum, which I joined in January of this year, and truly enjoy the associations I've had with the members there; and I look forward to learning more about handguns, firearms safety, concealed carry, etc. from the folks on this forum.
Old September 19, 2010, 09:17 AM   #646
911JB

Iowan waving a hand.

Hello all.
Some of you may recognize the name from other firearm forums. The name here is Joe, but I go by 911JB [birthday and initials] or just JB. I reside along the banks of the Mississippi river in central Iowa. My father gave me my first firearm at the ripe old age of 7 back in 1970, and my "firearm flu" has only gotten worse since that day. Like my father before me I hold a FFL and while it is currently just a C&R I am in the process of upgrading it to a type 1. I am currently working as a gunsmith under my friends type 1 license, at his gun shop, as I get my own gunsmith business up and running. Some of my other interests are Motorcycles, ATV's, Bow hunting whitetail deer and amateur radio [ FCC licensed amateur radio operator since 1996] .
Well, that is a little about me. After I get acquainted with this sites setup I am sure you will see my name pop up in threads.
Respects, JB

Last edited by 911JB; September 19, 2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old September 20, 2010, 09:39 AM   #647
CHski65

Hello, New Member

Hello, Im from Pennsylvania, I like shooting all firearms,and traditional muzzleoaders. Im Retired military. U.S.A.F.
Old September 20, 2010, 10:38 PM   #648
Howdy Doody

New old guy here, thought I'd better stop by to "tip the hat"!
Old September 21, 2010, 09:02 AM   #649
FreedomFighter1969

Location: Philadelphia, Pa. {City of the First Class} What a Crock !!
Hello To All Firearms Lovers !!

Hi folks, im new here and am happy to have found this site.
Lots of info and people to talk to about firearms. Living in the city of Philadelphia, Pa. im surrounded by a lot of tree hugging gun control freaks.
Although there is a large majority of pro gun folks here, most are against and if it wasn't for PA's gun friendly laws, we'd probably be like NYC.
Good to Be Here !

Tommy.
Old September 21, 2010, 01:01 PM   #650
GunLink

Hi everyone,

I'm a mid-20s 2A enthusiast who's been into the shooting sports since about the age of 5. I'm somewhat of a computer nerd who likes motorcycles, guitars, video games and firearms.

Glad to be here.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent