The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Closed Thread

Old November 26, 2008, 06:31 PM   #76
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Eh, I'm from NY, what do you expect?

Hmm, I didn't realize that.... she may be right after all...
Old November 26, 2008, 06:34 PM   #77
FrontSight

I'm gonna go home now & get ready to cook some of my "murdered" turkey tomorrow! Lol
Old November 26, 2008, 07:08 PM   #78
Musketeer

We waited around for that turkey to die for weeks. It got expensive, the vet bills, the life support, the medication. The hard part was getting the pet psychic who was able to confirm the turkey's giving us his permission to eat him after he died of natural causes.

Anybody ever read the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy books. In one at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe they had bred cows who could talk and were looking forward to being eaten. They would walk out to your table and make suggestions regarding which portions would be best to order. They would become angry at suggestions of this being barbaric since they considered this their purpose in life.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin
Old November 26, 2008, 07:24 PM   #79
MeekAndMild

Yea Scrap I'd say you lost it on that last post. Its better to say goodbye like a cat does.

Quote:
Are you suggesting that the Communist Chinese hold a morally superior position on the matter?
Nope. I'll let you figure out questions of moral superiority. I'm a Darwinian but I mourn whenever I see someone going the way of the dodo because they ain't gonna' study war no more. I'll even mourn the Irish (IIRC this wench is Irish) the next time they're conquered; my ancestors left to get away from the servitude business and we've fully integrated into the US, including its barbarian weapons customs.
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.
Old November 30, 2008, 07:40 AM   #80
sureshots

Its O.K.

Its O.K. for them to believe what they want, America, Europe, or whatever. We are entitled to the same privilege. We can argue our points peaceably ,no hard feelings (as adults), or we can try to shove our opinions down each others throats and probably end up as enemies. Best to state your opinion, hear hers and then lay off the subject.
Old November 30, 2008, 02:15 PM   #81
12GaugeShuggoth

All I'll say is I hope everyone who is so critical over people making "emotion" calls/plays aren't the same people who get so ****** off when their own religion and/or choices are threatened. It's easy to make anything sound stupid or incorrect, but that doesn't really make it so. So many are so focused on being "right" .....and who gets to make that choice?

---Enlightenment is the ability to take infinite pains---
MOLON LABE
Old November 30, 2008, 02:30 PM   #82
redwing 40

A few years ago we were getting ready to depart Scotland for the US. Some fine folks we had got to know in Scotland ask us to stay awhile longer. That evening they ask us why were in a hurry to return to the states.
My wife said, we have late Elk Permits for Wyoming. The Scots like a shock wave said you engage in "Blood Sports"? We let them know in quick fashion we were deeply offended by their remarks regarding our life style.
They were fast to say they were sorry. My point is don't take it with your head down. When we are offended hit back fast. The anti-hunters can say they are sorry.
Old December 1, 2008, 10:00 AM   #83
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Enuf wanderin'.
Closed Thread