The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old March 27, 2013, 02:55 PM   #1
ronz

picked up a mossberg 46M(A)

Have been wanting a real good target 22

bore is excellent haven't tested the pull but guessing its around 4 pounds from when I tried it at the store

it had some feeding issues using dummy rounds but if its accurate enough I dont really care if I have to use it as a single shot

cleaned it up cant see anything that might be causing a problem but will find out when I get it to the range

first rifle with this kind of stock but believe its supposed to be free floated from the receiver to where it attaches near the mussel

and the stock is defiantly touching the barrel is that something I should address before trying it?

or doesn't harmonics play such a big roll in 22's
no serial # only marking I noticed are

O.F. MOSSBERG & SONS, INC

NEW HAVEN, CONN. USA

46M(a) 22 S-L-LR

from what I have found so far they were only made from 45-47

cant wait to get it to the range been looking for an old 22 target rifle for over a year thought I was going to have to get a new one

guess I should be glad I didn't get the 91-30 sniper I probably wouldn't have found this had I got the sniper

Old March 27, 2013, 03:10 PM   #2
Pahoo

I love these old guys !!!

Very nice and good to see tht you got the original sling swivels with it. These are also getting hard to find. Your should have an adjustable trigger. I've had a nuber of variants on these and still have a 46M (b). They are also rated to shoot shorts, longs as well as LR's. ....

Enjoy and;
Be Safe !!!
Old March 30, 2013, 07:58 AM   #3
ronz

got it to the range really happy with it dime sized groups it 25 yards and the bullet feed worked