The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 19, 2011, 03:16 PM   #51
rrp

I'm between stage III and IV. I've really suffered with side effects. I started loading for my first .357 mag and now it has spread to 27 different calibers, with firearms to go with each. The disease has spread from rockchucker, t-7 turret, to the dillon 550. Just when I thought I was getting better, I came down with bullet swagging. If anyone find a cure please send help.
Old February 19, 2011, 06:11 PM   #52
CPTMurdoc30

I dunno I load for 223x2 308, 6.5x57mm, 30-06, 45acp.

I have both a dillon and an RCBS single stage I have a broken PACT BBKII and a Ohus 1010 scale. 5 shelves in a shed with a power trimmer and a few others.
Old February 19, 2011, 09:39 PM   #53
chasep255

I'm somewhere between stages 1 and 2.
Old February 19, 2011, 10:07 PM   #54
Tuckerp229

Quote:
I'm between stage III and IV. I've really suffered with side effects. I started loading for my first .357 mag and now it has spread to 27 different calibers, with firearms to go with each. The disease has spread from rockchucker, t-7 turret, to the dillon 550. Just when I thought I was getting better, I came down with bullet swagging. If anyone find a cure please send help.
Bulet swagging, now there is anew addiction I want to have. I was just watching Ammosmith's video series, (on youtube), where he swagges bullet son the cheap, using a RCBS press and CH swagging dies. He makes it look possible and affordable.
Old February 19, 2011, 10:44 PM   #55
Jim243

I am swaging also. Somewhere between III and IV, more towards IV.

Jim
Old February 20, 2011, 12:50 PM   #56
bbqncigars

Stage IV or so for me. I bought a little benchtop lathe mainly for making special reloading die parts on its own bench. Most of the basement is for reloading. Dedicated power vent hood for casting. A small desk reserved for paper patching bullets. An old solid oak desk reserved for the Co-Ax. A three inch thick laminated oak plywood bench that's anchored into the concrete wall and floor. That bench sports three single stage presses and a Hornady AP. Five powder measures, two beam scales and an electronic scale are also on the big bench. Three case trimmers, and various cartridge gauges occupy one shelf on the wall. Four industrial steel shelving units are packed with components, loaded rounds, and prepped brass (for the fifty). An old walnut table holds two vibe cleaners as well as a Thumler for the wet SS pre-sizing cleaning. The truly pathetic part is that I've overflowed the shelving units and need to buy a couple more. That's assuming I can find a place for them. I'm beyond help. Save yourselves before it's too late!

Wayne
Old February 21, 2011, 12:32 PM   #57
Uncle Buck

I buy dies for calibers that I do not own yet.

I buy powder because it is:
a. On Sale
b. Something new I want to try.
c. I like the design on the can/plastic bottle.

I had a sign made up for my reloading room that says: "We Interrupt This Marriage For Reloading Sessions."

(My wife demanded a sign that says "We Interrupt This Marriage For Shopping.")