The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 17, 2017, 10:52 PM   #1
tahunua001

unbiased opinions of the IWI Jericho.

hello all,
I am currently monitoring a for sale post in my area of a IWI jericho. it's pretty worn looking and I'm sure that it's seen a pretty high round count but I'm hoping to do a straight across trade for an M&P I'm having trouble offloading. I'm just curious about what the general consensus is on them?
Old February 18, 2017, 12:06 AM   #2
5whiskey

I've had one for 10 years now. Solid piece with 10k+ rounds through it with no problems. Still runs without a hiccup. It is not as accurate as it once was. It used to be very accurate. DA trigger is meh, SA trigger is great other than take-up.

I think an M&P and a Jericho would be close to a straight up trade honestly, assuming the guns are in similar condition.
Old February 18, 2017, 09:25 AM   #3
TheGuyOfSouthamerica

Locally here in Southamerica there was a time not long ago where Jericho pistols were only for LEO or Police, Military.

I dont know if that was like that in other countries as well.
Over here civilians could not own a Jericho pistol.

I guess the Israelis have allways a huge marketing campaign for their guns so you end up believing their guns is some miraculouse wonder gun not anybody can own.
By now I believe they released them here to the civilian market. Probably as they saw the sales numbers plummiting to the ground.
If they have an polygonal barrel I anyways would not want them since I shoot only lead proyectiles.
Old February 19, 2017, 06:39 PM   #4
P-35HP

I do not know what the general consensus might be, but I can give you my opinion. Excellent guns! If it fits your hand well and it is in good functional shape, go for it. Magazines and accessories are available, among other places here: http://www.7-62precision.com.

"I guess the Israelis have allways a huge marketing campaign for their guns so you end up believing their guns is some miraculouse wonder gun not anybody can own.
By now I believe they released them here to the civilian market. Probably as they saw the sales numbers plummiting to the ground."

So, do you really believe that IWI would not to sell to the general public in your country because they want you to believe they make "some miraculose wonder gun" that a civilian is not allowed to own?! This is quite a "guess"isn't it!!

Last edited by P-35HP; February 19, 2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old February 19, 2017, 07:15 PM   #5
TheGuyOfSouthamerica

Quote:
So, do you really believe that IWI would not to sell to the general public in your country because they want you to believe they make "some miraculose wonder gun" that a civilian is not allowed to own?! This is quite a "guess"isn't it!!
Fact is in the Southamerican Country were I live all Israeli products are considered "Miracously Wonders".
For example now they bring in IMI 9mm Luger ammo; oh wonder "Made in Israel".
For local People even the fact "Made in Israel" makes them believe that is "Wonder Ammo doin' some miracle". Supposedly they are "wondersome" powerfull.
For the Price they Charge here for the ammo it better is some "Wonder ammo" since I believe they Charge over 1.2 US$ per 9mm Luger round.

Same Thing happened just a few years ago with the Jericho pistol. It was a gun doing miracles.
They actually did not sell them to civilians but sold them ONLY to Military, Police or LEO's. I tell ya' that is how it was.
Literally they told me:
Quote:
...only for Police, Military or registred security firms. We do not sell to civilians. it is forbidden by law
Last time I heard a few years ago offers for that pistol they sold them for about 1000 US$ per 9mm Jericho pistol (cheaper than other brands).
Old February 19, 2017, 08:58 PM   #6
P-35HP

TheGuyOfSouthamerica, did you get one? If yes, how is it?
Old February 19, 2017, 10:43 PM   #7
TheGuyOfSouthamerica

No I did not.
Back a few years I was not into reloading yet and thougth like most people here the 22LR is King of Calibers.

I would not even want one since I understood they have polygonal rifling which is supposed to be bad for cast lead bullets.
Old February 19, 2017, 11:01 PM   #8
5whiskey

Quote:
I would not even want one since I understood they have polygonal rifling which is supposed to be bad for cast lead bullets.
I have around 5k cast lead round through my Jericho... Almost as many as jacketed. Size the projectile to the barrel, and clean frequently (couple hundred rounds or so) and you will be fine.