The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 6, 2007, 12:12 PM   #1
Smiter_Co

Yeates Custom Bullets

I'm looking for information on Yeates Custom Bullets out of Tulsa Oklahoma. Google is turning up nil...no address, phone number or website.

.38 Special, lubricated lead, SWC
Old January 29, 2012, 02:44 PM   #2
BobCatAmanda

Yeates Custom Bullets

Hello! I happened to stumble upon your old post & on the off chance that you see this, I wanted to respond to let you know that Yeates Custom Bullets sadly, is no more. My father Jim Yeates passed away in November of '09.

Amanda
Old April 9, 2012, 10:57 AM   #3
ROGER4314

JIM YEATES

Hi Amanda,

I worked for your Dad for a year or two in Tulsa and really enjoyed knowing him! I am very sorry to hear of his passing.

Jim would farm out sizing and lubing of his high linotype bullets and I processed over 30,000 bullets for him in one run alone. It was hard work but the product was great and Dad treated me very well. He was a great guy!

Flash
Old March 20, 2014, 03:59 PM   #4
BobCatAmanda

Jim Yeates

Roger4314:
Thank you so much for your kind words; I can't describe how much hearing things like this mean to me.
I actually used to run the luber/sizer occasionally for him when I was a teenager, 20 something yrs ago