The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 17, 2009, 09:23 PM   #26
Edward429451

Good for you to turn the Chinese crap down. We should all follow suit.

Just don't think that digi scales are more accurate than their analog counterparts, even American made ones.
Old December 17, 2009, 09:29 PM   #27
twice barrel

And of course none of us would ever dream of purchasing a firearm with any non-USA made parts on it.
Old December 17, 2009, 09:51 PM   #28
Rod38um

I buy stuff everyday thats made in China or some piece of it is. You cant really help it anymore, I mean, we really dont manufacture much in the USA anymore. That being said, I do specifically look for "Made in USA" every time I shop. And I will pay more for that label. And lately I will even leave a store that doesnt offer a made in USA choice. I have walked out of Lowes when buying tools and paid twice the price elsewhere just to feel better about my purchase.
Old January 2, 2010, 10:14 AM   #29
ShootUmUp

I have a Dillion 550. I traded GPS for it (my bad lol ). Some of the bolts were rusty so I called to purchase new ones. They told me it was covered and sent new bolts and parts no charge! Now THATS a no BS warranty! I have also owned a RCBS. NP with it.
Old January 2, 2010, 11:04 AM   #30
NCMountain

People get torqued <spelling.........

by Chinese made items but in reality if it is a higher end product it is just as good as any. Don't get me wrong..........overalll QC is a issue but these items are usually farmed out to overseas factories with the same QC measures as they had in the US.

Now +1 on the Lee equipment. Not because it is necessarily made in the good ole US but because it is good stuff!

Let's face facts which are sometimes hard to digest............we don't make the best of everything in the US. I am as right winged Conservative as the next and support keeping jobs here but some products are simply better from other countries.

I would dare say the Japanese have a hand up on us in every respect now as far as modern day industrialism. Hard to swallow?????......yes but true.

Can we be the best as a country in most aspects............believe we are but we could get back on track like we were in the 40's and 50's again.

Being said.........look to actual customer reviews to find a great product rather than turning it over and looking at it's butt like a rat to determine if it is male or female to decide which country it was made and making an uninformed conclusion.
Old January 2, 2010, 11:40 AM   #31
CrustyFN

Quote:
I found a primer hole deburring tool through Sinclair and ordered it. This tool is to camphor and debur the inside of the primer hole not the primer pocket
Tom
OK flash hole, I get it now. I thought you were looking to get rid of primer pocket crimps. Glad you found the tool.
Old January 7, 2010, 05:14 AM   #32
tes1900

I misspoke

I misspoke. It not a primer hole deburring hole tool it's a flash hold deburring hole tool.
Tom