The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 27, 2008, 06:22 PM   #1
serenity

Help! New Taurus PT 111 Pro slide jam

Hi everyone,

I bought a brand-new Taurus PT 111 Pro yesterday, took it out of the box, cleaned off the lubricant, and started to disassemble it for cleaning. I followed the instructions in the manual and successfully removed the slide disassembly latch, then tried to pull the slide forward off the frame while pulling the trigger (according to instructions) -- but the slide fails to come off. After cycling a few times back and forth, the slide is completely jammed very close to the normal operating position. Fully jammed.

Help?

Thanks.
Old April 29, 2008, 05:39 PM   #2
serenity

Found a fix

In case anyone else has this problem in the future:

I spoke with a dealer and was able to unjam the slide with his help. It turns out that while disassembling the gun, I didn't hold the trigger in. To fix the problem, he had me pull the trigger back out (something I'd hesitated to do, because I didn't want to force it). Lo and behold, the slide unjammed and I was able to disassemble, clean, and reassemble the gun without further problems.
Old September 29, 2008, 04:02 AM   #3
Billy21

UnJamming the Millenium Pro

Thanks Serenity...don't know if you will ever see this message, but it sure helped! I was sitting here at 0400 getting ready for work fretting about shipping this back to manufacturer (transfer fee and all that hassle) when I thought I would google.

I had a tablespoon laying next to my monitor, doesn't everyone?, and I gentlyh pried the trigger forward and without too much force, CLICK and I was all set! Thanks a million, or at least the 50 bucks I would have had to spend!

And this wasn't a bump, it was just a comment for gratitude
Old October 9, 2008, 11:49 AM   #4
JasonG

future prevention

To prevent this from happening in the future try this.....
Let the slide go forward to about the normal position where it will stick, THEN pull the trigger. I've found if the trigger is held from when the slide is back it results in a nasty jam.
Old March 10, 2009, 06:21 PM   #5
lile2win

Thank you

I had my PT-111 ready to ship due to slide jam after cleaning and was not happy about it !! Thanks guys for the trigger tip all is now good
Old November 7, 2009, 12:08 PM   #6
Gunaddict

Thanks

Hi Serenity and all others posting,
My story is essentially the same as yours, brand new, disassembly attempted, TOTAL JAM!!! It was a Saturday morning (today) and the situaiton had me totally frustrated. Figured I would need to take it back to the gun shop Monday, confess to being an idiot and suffer the return consequences. Last resort...check google for PT111 jam. FANTASTIC!!!! Followed your tip and made my day. Thanks again!!!
Old October 11, 2011, 09:32 PM   #7
anotherjohng

Thank you

I registered for the site just to say thank you for posting this!!! Same thing happened with my PT-145, and this fix worked! Pried that trigger forward with a car key, and it immediately resolved the issue.