The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 17, 2021, 05:15 PM   #1
Zathras

Astra 600/43 value??

Since this forum does not allow me to post pictures saying they "exceed " some sort of requirements I am going to have to ask you that can help to "fly blind"with me....There is a Astra 600/43 9mm Parabellum for sale at my local gun shop...Its in pretty decent condition, action seems to work well, comes with holster, and 2 mags on numbered and one un numbered..The bore is mint. serial # is 44586..his price is $750.00..Its obviously a WWII era piece..I would ask if thats a fair price, for those of you :'in the know"...?? thanks..As I said,I have pics,but this forum keeps rejecting them.

Last edited by Zathras; September 17, 2021 at 05:27 PM.
Old September 17, 2021, 07:32 PM   #2
Lavan

https://postimages.org/

Won't reject pictures. They are the ONLY hosting site I will use.

They provide a direct URL that can be pasted into the Firing Line Very VERY easily.

Old September 18, 2021, 05:39 AM   #3
jetinteriorguy

Truegunvalue shows them selling for $949.00, if that means much.
Old September 18, 2021, 10:29 AM   #4
JohnMoses

As I recall the story, the Nazi's tested the 400 and liked it. but requested a smaller grip for the 9mm Luger round. The 600 was the result. The Germans liked it, and placed an order for 20,000 pistols, paying for them in advance with gold. A few thousand were delivered when the Allies invaded, cutting off any delivery route. Since they were paid for, the Spanish government took the pistols. After the war, the Spanish government sold some to the post war German police as German arms production was forbidden. Eventually they were released on the surplus market along with thousands of other arms at bargain basement prices. Mine cost $90.
The main point is, every Astra 600 was paid for by the Nazi government. A Nazi stamped example would be a true prize,Beware of fake stamps.