The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 3, 2021, 11:24 PM   #26
Carl the Floor Walker

I personally have no dog in this fight. I have too many guns as it is including a Sig 365XL and other micro's. I do not want the new gun. But If I was in the Market, and looking for a gun that size range, I would NOT be so narrow minded as to not check it out. Heck, I have not even seen the gun yet for Gosh sake, I have not handled it, I have not shot it.
I will not judge this gun until I actually can be honest about it. Yes, it should IMO sell well. Will the CZ fan that wants the quality of the CZ and a smaller gun be attracted to the New gun? I would. I would at least want to try it out. And forget the nonsense that it does not come with a large double stack magazine. If that were the case I personally would NOT be interested. And I know others that feel the same way. It does however seem to large to be called a Micro 9mm. Not sure I would put it in that class.
Again, I want to see this gun. A little too large from the Specs I have seen, but it does have a more narrow grip of only 1.0. I have the XL, I do not like this gun at all. I am trading in the future, perhaps after shooting the new CZ It might the just what I would trade for. But who knows. Right now any new gun is not a good investment. I doubt I will be shooting what I do have now by the end of the next 3yrs.
Old September 4, 2021, 05:37 AM   #27
hemiram

The guy in that disassembly video needs to do some grip strength exercises and really needs to lay off the caffeine.
Old September 4, 2021, 06:07 AM   #28
gc70

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog81
I'm sure they'll sell some, but I rarely hear people in the gun store clamoring over carry guns with fewer rounds and more weight. People are usually looking for the "best" gun for them not the 4th one on the list...
I have never heard anyone in a gun store ask about what others were clamoring over nor have I gone in to inquire about what others were buying.

Different people put different values on different design factors and a variety of other very small guns sell well. The new CZ will probably also sell well.
Old September 4, 2021, 06:44 AM   #29
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc70 View Post
I have never heard anyone in a gun store ask about what others were clamoring over nor have I gone in to inquire about what others were buying.

Different people put different values on different design factors and a variety of other very small guns sell well. The new CZ will probably also sell well.

That’s not what reddog was saying. His point, from what I can tell, is if I put two firearms in front of someone and all else is equal except one holds fewer rounds than another or weighs substantially more, most people aren’t going to choose the one that holds fewer rounds or weighs a lot more. His point wasn’t about popularity solely driving sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old September 4, 2021, 06:54 AM   #30
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl the Floor Walker View Post
I personally have no dog in this fight. I have too many guns as it is including a Sig 365XL and other micro's. I do not want the new gun. But If I was in the Market, and looking for a gun that size range, I would NOT be so narrow minded as to not check it out. Heck, I have not even seen the gun yet for Gosh sake, I have not handled it, I have not shot it.
I will not judge this gun until I actually can be honest about it. Yes, it should IMO sell well. Will the CZ fan that wants the quality of the CZ and a smaller gun be attracted to the New gun? I would. I would at least want to try it out. And forget the nonsense that it does not come with a large double stack magazine. If that were the case I personally would NOT be interested. And I know others that feel the same way. It does however seem to large to be called a Micro 9mm. Not sure I would put it in that class.
Again, I want to see this gun. A little too large from the Specs I have seen, but it does have a more narrow grip of only 1.0. I have the XL, I do not like this gun at all. I am trading in the future, perhaps after shooting the new CZ It might the just what I would trade for. But who knows. Right now any new gun is not a good investment. I doubt I will be shooting what I do have now by the end of the next 3yrs.

If capacity is important to you I’m not sure I would call it narrow minded to not be interested in this, especially as there are so many other competing products that do have more capacity. I agree capacity alone shouldn’t be the sole determining factor. But on paper I’m struggling to see the selling point here.

Not everyone has the opportunity to shoot a pistol before they buy it and around me by the time I pay for the lane, rent the pistol, and then pay for the ammunition as the places that rent require you to use their ammunition, I’m at $80. That’s a good chunk of the way to the pistol itself.

I am a CZ fan. I’ve owned at least a half dozen and I really like my P10-C. I will still handle this in a store out of curiosity. But I’m not buying it just because it’s a CZ.

Old September 4, 2021, 08:51 AM   #31
gc70

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelRat
That’s not what reddog was saying. His point, from what I can tell, is if I put two firearms in front of someone and all else is equal except one holds fewer rounds than another or weighs substantially more, most people aren’t going to choose the one that holds fewer rounds or weighs a lot more. His point wasn’t about popularity solely driving sales.
And the design factors you or reddog think are most important may not even be a consideration for others.
Old September 4, 2021, 08:52 AM   #32
TunnelRat

Quote:
And the design factors you or reddog think are most important may not even be a consideration for others.

I don’t disagree, but that doesn’t mean we’re talking about people making purchases solely because of what others want.

Old September 4, 2021, 09:26 AM   #33
reddog81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelRat View Post

That’s all correct.

I just don’t see what the selling points are. Very few people are looking for a gun with a recessed takedown pin. Other than that “feature” I’m not sure what the selling points are. Weight, size, magazine capacity, looks and price are all features that sell guns.

Perceived quality, reliability and durability are also important features but those are unknowns for this new model. Numerous issues could come up or it could be the most durable gun ever made. Nobody knows.
Old September 4, 2021, 03:59 PM   #34
dgludwig

While watching the youtube video, I was gratified that the man illustrating the disassembly made certain to show the viewing audience that it's important to verify that the pistol is unloaded first-after he looked the barrel straight in the mouth.

And finally; a subcompact, micro pistol chambered in 10m!
Old September 5, 2021, 09:15 AM   #35
Carl the Floor Walker

I can very well see the selling points.
1) it is a CZ which is know for Quality
2) streamlined for excellent carry
3) the Grip is IMO already much better than some out there. Some will appreciate it
4) some may like the Trigger
5) just because it is heavier does not mean that is a disadvantage. There are many that like a heavier pistol. Many shoot much better without the Snappy recoil.Not everyone likes a lighter weight gun.
6) Many shooters prefer a single stack. And 7+1 is Not a disadvantage to many. More than enough for PRACTICAL, EDC. And it might take a extension.
7) I have a 8+1 19oz that I would not trade any of the new models out there now that have 10+one. Lol, they do not shoot as well for me. And the Kahr CM 9 most certainly will not be going anywhere. 7+1 is perfect and still the lightest gun out there with this quality.
8) And shoot the the HK 503 much better than many of the double stacks out there. Nice gun

$MSRP of $499. Many EDC will love to have a nice quality firearm at a MSRP that low in todays world of shortages.
Again, some may fall in love with the grip, the trigger, and the shooting quality.
We should wait and see before making a judgement. If you need 10plus rounds fine. Many do not.
Old September 5, 2021, 09:20 AM   #36
TunnelRat

New CZ sig P365 coming out today

If you go over to CZ USA’s Facebook page and look at the post announcing this pistol, there are many comments questioning why this capacity. Again, time will be the true indicator and for all I know this will be the best selling pistol of 2021. My point is even fans of CZ have brought up the question of capacity with regards to the competition, not just a few people on this forum. But maybe the “silent majority” will step up.

Old September 5, 2021, 10:30 AM   #37
Carl the Floor Walker

People follow the internet like sheep.Especially New shooters. Yes,it makes for a easier sell at the local guns shops, but that does not make it the truth. Just like so many would carry multiple magazines, but yet never even heard of a case when anyone ever used a second mag. Very rare for anyone to use a firearm and even if so even extremly rare to use more than three rounds.
I truly believe you will see a movement back to single stacks, but if not, then that is fine. I am set for life, cannot ever imagine needing to carry a extra mag or needing 10 rounds. And not to forget that many experienced shooters carry a 5 shot revolver. The more studies I have done in the past year alone has shown nothing to support more than single stack. Never in all my years even read about shooting that did and I have keep up with it for years.
Just like when the LCP first came out. That was one heck of a fad and people purchasing them by the millions, yet so many never even spent much time shooting them. Red dots on guns like the LCP were very popular, but not very many now.
Again, I have NO problem with someone that feels the need for 10+ rounds. But I will not buy into it as a fact. If it gives a person piece of mind that is good enough. I have plenty of Peace of mind with my present carry.
And personally and I will say this again. If the gun Gods came down and told me I had to carry 5 shot snubbie, would not bother me a bit. Although I normally carry a 6+1 380.
I will always believe that training and Practice will trump more rounds. For some that do not train/Practice, then 10 shots may be of some help, but for real life experiences I doubt it.
A good quality single stack for EDC is a great carry. No need for a fat double stack
Old September 5, 2021, 10:39 AM   #38
TunnelRat

I’m not saying it’s “truth” (whatever that means in this context), I’m saying it’s an indication of popularity. Just because something isn’t true of all people doesn’t mean it’s not true of a majority, and in this case we’re talking about the commercial success of a product and the majority is an indicator of this.

Some people on this thread seem to have a hard time separating what they like and what is popular for current trends. For years I shot polymer framed DA/SA pistols. I liked them for various reasons and for me they were the best choice at the time. It didn’t mean I got defensive and called people “sheep” when people pointed out that they weren’t popular. I knew it and I watched the market for those pistols shrink. Something not being popular doesn’t mean it’s bad, but it doesn’t mean it’s destined for commercial success.

Many experienced shooters carry firearms with more than 5 shots, so I’m not sure that’s proof one way or the other (nor does an appeal to authority get us anywhere).

Carrying a firearm with higher capacity and marksmanship skills aren’t mutually exclusive. But we’ve had this discussion many times and I see no reason to retread that ground.

The double stacks we’re talking about are as thin or thinner than some single stacks. They’re not fat, unless those single stacks are as well. Let’s keep it to the context of this thread, than being the P10M and other options in its size.

Last edited by TunnelRat; September 5, 2021 at 10:47 AM.
Old September 5, 2021, 11:09 AM   #39
Carl the Floor Walker

Trends, fads. They are come and go. God only knows what will be next. Want to keep it to just he new CZ then let us wait for more information. And for me, I will try and actually shoot one first. But to think CZ does not know their business after so many years, is something I will not believe. Each to his own.
Old September 5, 2021, 11:22 AM   #40
TunnelRat

If I have an opportunity to shoot one of course I will, but I don’t always get such an opportunity. I like trying new pistols from different manufacturers, that’s why I’ve owned so many.

I own CZs and I like their products. That doesn’t mean I think all of their products have been great commercial successes, even ones I’ve liked. As I myself admitted, time will tell how successful this will be.

Old September 5, 2021, 05:18 PM   #41
Siggy-06

That stippling looks like it’d rub the crap out of my skin and clothing without a skin guard holster. I just want a company to make a 9mm more pocket friendly, like a reliable DB9 with a good trigger.
Old September 5, 2021, 08:20 PM   #42
wild cat mccane

A DB9 like gun that worked would be the biggest handgun success of all time. Agreed. I would even spend 4xs the DB9 price on it.
Old September 5, 2021, 09:46 PM   #43
Super Sneaky Steve

I'm glad I bought a RAMI while they were still available.
Old September 6, 2021, 01:57 AM   #44
armoredman

I am interested in BOTH the new CZ pistols announced yesterday,

The Micro I think will make an excellent BUG or deep carry pistol where thinness is needed above most things to avoid printing in certain clothing, or every ounce counts when jogging, biking, etc. Me, I inted to try one out as a BUG to see how it works. The sick slide/different internals/different trigger are a bit off putting, but I am more than willing to give it a try. Waiting to see who makes a holster for it.

The other really grabs my attention, the P-10F Competition Ready, with 5 inch barrel, 19+1, HBI trigger, Apex extended mag release and slide lock, just looks like a lot of range fun that very will could do double duty as a carry sidearm, especially with the RDS option. The price tag is a wee bit hefty, but there are some people I know who would be very happy with that. I'd like it for range, hunting, etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Micro.jpg (488.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg CompReady.jpg (351.5 KB, 21 views)
Old September 6, 2021, 09:54 AM   #45
wild cat mccane

Good for CZ on making a "match" gun with actual differences (looking at your HK VP9 Match and Walther Q5 Match). I tried finding one, but I guess this was just an announcement where the M was a release/buy announcement?

Glocktalk has a post about if FDE has officially jumped the shark. Surprisingly, the consensus was yeah, they are selling less fast. Interesting. But I kinda see the gold/tin highlights also going that way.
Old September 6, 2021, 10:31 AM   #46
wild cat mccane

This is a weird one after thinking on it.

It's just 1/2 longer slide but all else is aftermarket stuff from APEX and HBI. Not many comp guns come without aftermarket stuff? You'd think the factory can do better than aftermarket parks can since they aren't doing the fitting...
Old September 6, 2021, 10:36 AM   #47
gc70

A question for those who believe any new gun will probably not be a success if it is longer, taller, wider, or heavier than whatever model may be the industry's current tiny darling:

Why did SIG follow the P365 with the P365XL and P365X?
Old September 6, 2021, 11:42 AM   #48
TunnelRat

Quote:
A question for those who believe any new gun will probably not be a success if it is longer, taller, wider, or heavier than whatever model may be the industry's current tiny darling:

Why did SIG follow the P365 with the P365XL and P365X?

A lot of people were using the P365 with the 12 rd magazines. Those magazines didn’t add that much in length (assuming you’re not pocket carrying), allowed most people to more easily get their pinkies on the grip, and gave you two additional rounds. It’s not much different than when the Shield and PPS came with two magazines of different capacities well before SIG. SIG decided to build something based around that magazine. First they had the XL and then the X. The first gives you longer barrel length as well as the ability to mount an optic, then they kept the same barrel length as the standard and added an optic cut to it.

Thing is the P10M doesn’t seem like it really does the same as say the XL or X. It doesn’t look like it gives you as long as a grip as the XL/X and in that comparison it’s 7 rd versus 12 rd, which is even more of a noticeable difference in capacity. That said I’m sure CZ will offer the P10M with slightly longer magazines to give people a longer grip if they want it.

Old September 6, 2021, 12:38 PM   #49
KyJim

Since the gist of this thread is about how many of the new CZ Compacts will sell, keep in mind that there has been a tremendous increase in first time gun buyers in the last year and a half. Most probably fit into one of two categories. First category are those who want a Glock because most police carry Glocks. The second category are those who take the advice of the gun salesman behind the counter. If the gun store has CZ Compacts that are not selling, they'll push those. Then throw in the faithful CZ buyers, some of whom will buy the new gun because it's a CZ and it's new.

So, I imagine the CZ Compacts will sell okay, especially in those states with ten round mag limits. But eventually, new time gun buyers will slack off and that may be when CZ starts making the higher capacity compacts. Just speculating.
Old September 6, 2021, 01:00 PM   #50
Carl the Floor Walker

I agree with you. I do think they will push the Sig 365 or even the Taurus and the Ruger. They will push the 10+ rounds. In my area you seldom see any CZ's. My guess is they do not move very well as most new owners never heard of them.They also sell a lot of SCCY's, and Smith and Wesson.(When they have them) SSCY they always seem to have plenty of stock. I believe the New SSCY is 10 rds as well, but not sure. I do not keep up with them.