The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old May 2, 2018, 08:54 AM   #1
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Anniversary Ruger Blackhawks

Looking at a pair of Anniversary Ruger Blackhawks, the matched set with matching serial numbers and the Ruger display case. One .357 Magnum and the other .44 Magnum, of course. I'm not really a revolver guy. Does anyone know what these sets should be selling for? I only vaguely remember reading about this set in the printed gun rags when they came out, but I don't remember what the set sold for.
Old May 5, 2018, 09:39 PM   #2
batmann

Good luck finding a matched set. At one time they were plentiful and reasonably priced.
I both .357M the .44M but the are not a matched set.
Mine are shooters especially the FT 50th
If you intend to shoot them, the .44M is, somewhat more punishment because of the fame
Size. I,spl out of mine
Old May 7, 2018, 12:23 AM   #3
Dain Bramage

I paid around $1,080 for mine when they came out. I shoot the snot out of them, and realize I'm never going to keep them in the case unless I get a locked gun room, or something. I don't know what they are going for now, but for the longest time they were cheaper than what I paid.
Old May 7, 2018, 05:02 PM   #4
LE-28

Quote:
I shoot the snot out of them, and realize I'm never going to keep them in the case unless I get a locked gun room, or something.
But you will have the key
Old May 10, 2018, 10:21 AM   #5
Real Gun

I don't think the price should be much of a premium. I own the 44, bought separately, and have other flat tops in 44 Special and 41 Magnum. These flat tops have the shorter grip frame, so even my smallish hands tend to leave my pinky under the butt.

While the 44 Magnum is the larger frame, aside from the grip, the gun is still not well suited to full power ammo. Super Blackhawks were designed for that. I like the gun because flat tops index on the loading gate and because I can reload at a power level to suit the gun and myself.
Old May 14, 2018, 08:20 PM   #6
rclark

Quote:
Super Blackhawks were designed for that.
Same frame, same cylinder, just different grip frame. So handle the hottest load just fine... But, yes, Bisley Grip frame or even the Dragoon grip frame (depending on who you talk to) may be better at handling the recoil generated.
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.