The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old April 11, 2017, 12:30 PM   #1
sx hawk

Mount bipod, flashlight and laser on armalite 15 def

I have went and bought an armalite ar-15 defnder sporting rifle, atlas bipod, green laser and a tactical flashligt. They are all being shipped now. I don't know how or if can mount my accessories on the forward hang guard. The accessories are all picatinny mountable.
What are the ways to mount them to the stock hand guard ?
Old April 11, 2017, 05:34 PM   #2
BlackLabsMatter

There are plenty of companies selling rail segments that mount to stock "M4" handguards. You can also get a sight base mount.

The FSB mount may be needed to mount all 3 as the light, laser, and bipod will be competing for space on the bottom of the handguard.
Old April 11, 2017, 07:39 PM   #3
rickyrick

The least amount of hullabaloo would be to install a handguard with rails. But adapters could be had, I suppose, but wouldn't be real sturdy
Old April 11, 2017, 10:13 PM   #4
sx hawk

I found a company called GG&G that has a vented bottom rail for the a4 handguard with the screw threads are machined in the pic rail. So I put the screws in the inside of the handguard.
I ordered one on ebay for $16 will that work for a bipod.
Old April 11, 2017, 11:22 PM   #5
sx hawk

I have a flat top no fsb
Old April 12, 2017, 12:02 AM   #6
Ibmikey

Check out Midwest Industries drop in rail that replaces the hand guard, it is a well made aluminum rail (non free floating) and light weight.
Old April 12, 2017, 10:33 PM   #7
sx hawk

Well I'm kind of tapped out spending my fun money and the Midwest ind is $140.00. So has anyone just drilled holes in the a4 forearm and mounted a tac flashlight ?
Or will it cause the plastic to Crack or something else happen.

Last edited by sx hawk; April 13, 2017 at 06:37 PM.
Old April 13, 2017, 07:17 PM   #8
BlackLabsMatter

As I said, there are rail mounts that will go on your handguards for ~10$. You could zip-tie the light on for the cheapest method.

If you want to use a laser and bipod, you're gonna want a more sturdy mounting point. The laser will lose zero and the purpose of the bipod is to remain steady.

Personally, I'd wait on those two. Clamp/ziptie the light on, zero your sights and get aquainted with your rifle as you save money and you'll have a ready rifle in the meantime.