The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 6, 2006, 10:03 PM   #1
LSU12ga

Little suggestion

So i had a thought earlier tonight.

What about another forum that deals only with different state laws and regulations. Too often in other forums we have to preface things with "laws in your state may vary..."

What i am suggesting is 50 individual forums each dealing with a sperate state. I think this would be incredibly useful not only for hunting, legal and politicial issues, but for those of us travelling across different states to hunt or transport firearms.

Let me know your thoughts.

thanks.
Old August 7, 2006, 01:03 PM   #2
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure that structuring such a beast in a forum format would be the best solution. When people ask questions in L&P, we invariably get about a half-dozen "helpful" comments from other members that begin with, "I think..." or "I'm pretty sure..." or "My buddy says..."

If you're interested in a website that records the laws of the 50 states and gives sources for users to independently verify information, try http://www.packing.org or http://nraila.org/GunLaws

Take a look at these sites and let us know what you think. Is there perhaps something about the formats of the two links above that you think could be improved? If so, let us know and we'll look into it.

Thanks,

-Dave