The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old May 23, 2020, 09:00 PM   #1
TruthTellers

Don't buy anything from LockedLoaded.com

It's been nearly 4 weeks since I made an order with them and it still hasn't been shipped. I would cancel, but their fine print says I'll be hit with a 15% restocking fee.

Just figured that I'd let all of you here know to never ever do business with this company, no matter how tempting the low prices on their stuff may be.
Old May 24, 2020, 08:34 AM   #2
NoSecondBest

I've been keeping a list for the last year on all the places I've been told to never buy from again. At this point I can no longer buy anything. Every single place on the Internet has got someone PO'd and nothing if available to me anymore.....NOTHING. Every business has someone who didn't like dealing with them and now there's no place left to shop. The only option left to me is to look at all the reviews from each seller and see which one has the best percentage of positive reviews...maybe that is worth a try? Guess I'll start reading the fine print and decide for myself.
Old May 24, 2020, 11:08 AM   #3
buddyd157

don't blame the online stores., blame the covid 19 bull crap.

every place i order from, has a disclaimer usually at the top of the site, spelling out about delays due to covid 19. they are short staffed these days.

the glock store tells me "up to 14 days" before my order can even be processed.

from the glock store....

COVID-19 has impacted nearly every person and business around the world. Glockstore.com is no exception. Order volume has increased dramatically, and we’re doing everything possible to process and ship orders quickly. Unfortunately, while our current shipping backlog is decreasing, it is hard to give an accurate estimate on our shipping delays. For this, we’re truly sorry, but we are making headway! We are doing everything we can to maintain proper social distancing and ship as fast as possible.

You may still request expedited shipping, but it will only affect the actual shipping time, not necessarily how long it takes to process your order and ship it out the door.

We are still taking online orders and shipping, but to protect our employees, we are practicing social distancing in our shipping department, which dramatically reduces the number of packages we can ship on any one day.
Old May 24, 2020, 12:55 PM   #4
RaySendero

Quote:
buddyd157 wrote:
Yep that's my thinking.

TT, Be patient. Took me 3-1/2 weeks to get a couple of bricks of 22lr from Target Sports even though they had them in stock at time of my order.
Old May 24, 2020, 01:16 PM   #5
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyd157 View Post

every place i order from, has a disclaimer usually at the top of the site, spelling out about delays due to covid 19. they are short staffed these days.

the glock store tells me "up to 14 days" before my order can even be processed.

from the glock store....

COVID-19 has impacted nearly every person and business around the world. Glockstore.com is no exception. Order volume has increased dramatically, and we’re doing everything possible to process and ship orders quickly. Unfortunately, while our current shipping backlog is decreasing, it is hard to give an accurate estimate on our shipping delays. For this, we’re truly sorry, but we are making headway! We are doing everything we can to maintain proper social distancing and ship as fast as possible.

You may still request expedited shipping, but it will only affect the actual shipping time, not necessarily how long it takes to process your order and ship it out the door.

We are still taking online orders and shipping, but to protect our employees, we are practicing social distancing in our shipping department, which dramatically reduces the number of packages we can ship on any one day.
I can understand all that, but even during this Covid Crisis I've been able to get orders sent to me in less than 4 weeks, but when I see the fine print that still charges people 15% of the order for cancelling, there's something wrong with that.

BTW, they're not BBB accredited either, of course I didn't bother to look them up before I ordered from them.

Lesson I learned is next time I buy from a place for the first time, I'll look at their BBB rating.
Old May 24, 2020, 01:28 PM   #6
RaySendero

Patience, Just patience.
Old May 24, 2020, 08:05 PM   #7
sparkyv

Hopefully, the delay is due to the virus situation. I've looked at goods on the lockedandloaded website, but shied away because they are not overt regarding their shipping charges without my providing personal information. I've had excellent experiences with Brownell's, Midway and Smoky Mountain Guns these past two weeks. Received all orders within one week from ordering, including a firearm. But I've had excellent experiences with these companies in the past, so the risk for delays was low.
Old May 25, 2020, 02:28 AM   #8
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyv View Post
Hopefully, the delay is due to the virus situation. I've looked at goods on the lockedandloaded website, but shied away because they are not overt regarding their shipping charges without my providing personal information. I've had excellent experiences with Brownell's, Midway and Smoky Mountain Guns these past two weeks. Received all orders within one week from ordering, including a firearm. But I've had excellent experiences with these companies in the past, so the risk for delays was low.
The shipping is extremely high. I was planning to buy a variety of reloading bullets and the base rate is like $15, but if you got a few boxes of two different items, it doubles to $30. I ended up ordering 25 boxes of .454 round ball to use in .45 Colt duplex loads and the total cost for shipping was $20.

I'm assuming the delay is they didn't have 25 boxes of the Speer balls on hand, but if that's the case then they should at least give me a heads up and let me know they have to get more from their distributor before they can ship the order.
Old May 25, 2020, 08:32 AM   #9
2wheelwander

My wife ordered a few things online. They shipped after another week, package went to Indianapolis (we live in Indiana), sat there for a week then got shipped to Pittsburgh.

Working for the USPS I know we are hit hard, short handed and delivering more now than we did at Christmas time since everyone got free money and went bat crazy. While people only order 1-15 things per day (yes I've delivered 15 packages in one day to one person), when everybody's neighbor is doing that as well, well, it adds up fast.

As for my wife's package getting shipped to Pittsburgh, that's just stupid and no excuse.

If your package doesn't show shipped yet, they must be really backed up.
Old May 25, 2020, 12:38 PM   #10
tjmga

Ordered some bullets from Midway USA and 4 days later they were on my porch. Included free shipping.
tj
Old May 26, 2020, 01:09 AM   #11
veprdude

At 4 weeks, I'd email or call them for a response. Some companies don't actually stock the items they sell. They might take orders from customers and place large orders from distributors. Add in shipping delays and low inventory and it's a recipe for mega delays. Not saying it's right or wrong for a company to do this but the smaller companies have to do this so they're not holding tons of inventory.

Maybe they're a crappy company, but blasting anyone before contacting them and getting a response is not right. Let us know the final resolution.
Old May 26, 2020, 03:46 PM   #12
TruthTellers

Just called, told "it should be shipping soon" and I'll hear back from them to get an updated ship date, but I doubt that I'll be hearing from them again, so I'm gonna call back tomorrow when it's earlier in the day.
Old May 26, 2020, 10:34 PM   #13
Atticus Thraxx

Patience, Just patience. Good advice.

Looking for K98 bolt #5954 and K98 bolt #31942 for trade. DM me if you have a match. Prizes will be awarded!
Old May 27, 2020, 01:51 PM   #14
TruthTellers

Shipped today, so 4 weeks total. I'm just glad it's finally shipped, but if I wanted to cancel I would have been hit with a 15% restock fee and from now on I'm not going to be buying from retailers that do that.
Old June 1, 2020, 07:50 AM   #15
RaySendero

TT,
Good to know it shipped. Hope it arrives soon.
You'll get your order and a lesson we all can learn.
Old June 20, 2020, 08:09 PM   #16
reynolds357

Midway ships quick. They cant control what happens after it ships.
Old June 22, 2020, 08:40 PM   #17
langenc

TT, Be patient. Took me 3-1/2 weeks to get a couple of bricks of 22lr from Target Sports even though they had them in stock at time of my order.
Copied from #4 Ray Sendario

Im at about 10 days since my oder went in.. The website said would be 7-10 BUSINESS days for shipping when I ordered.
Old June 27, 2020, 09:30 PM   #18
cdoc42

I placed an order with Precision Delta in Mississippi on April 24. After a period of time I sent an email asking for the status on the order. No response. Repeated that twice more. No response. Finally a $7.10 certified letter was sent, signed for, and a response came to my email, telling my order appeared to be in line for processing in 7-14 business days. Yesterday was the 14th business day, and I still do not have the order completed.

Clearly there is a problem out there since I searched 14 distributors on line for 9mm -115gr HP, .380 auto 90gr and .223 in 55gr and everyone is "out of stock."
Old June 27, 2020, 10:31 PM   #19
Nathan

I don’t know. Cabela’s took my order for reloader 26 about two months ago, charged my card in three seconds, and seems to have no intent at all of delivering the gun powder. Ridiculous!
Old June 29, 2020, 06:54 PM   #20
cdoc42

Update from my 6/27 post above: Precision Delta is shipping my order tomorrow
Old July 1, 2020, 08:48 PM   #21
Dufus

How about when you order a fair amount of CCI 209s and you wind up getting Winchester 209s. I would have been grateful to wait and get what I ordered.
Old November 18, 2022, 10:34 PM   #22
wayneinFL

Has anyone bought from lockedloaded.com lately?

This thread is old, from back during COVID.

They have a good deal on Beretta APX carry pistols, and there is a disclaimer that the item may not be in stock.
Old November 20, 2022, 08:48 PM   #23
USAF Ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneinFL View Post
Has anyone bought from lockedloaded.com lately?

This thread is old, from back during COVID.

They have a good deal on Beretta APX carry pistols, and there is a disclaimer that the item may not be in stock.
Ordered 9/10. Shipped 9/13. It was a rifle and everything went smooth.