The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old December 30, 2019, 10:08 PM   #1
Cerick

Timney AR PCC trigger

Just scored an awesome deal on a Timney PCC trigger without doing my research first and realizing PCC stands for pistol caliber carbine. Anyway, I plan on using it in a 300blk build. Is there any reason this would be worse than the non PCC version?
Old December 31, 2019, 03:58 AM   #2
stagpanther

Call em and ask em, I can't see why not but it's hard to tell from their specs what the difference actually is.
Old January 1, 2020, 07:55 PM   #3
Lurch37

This was copied from the Timney website, there's a short video as well.

If you don't have this trigger in your pistol caliber carbine (PCC), you're wrong. Standard AR15 triggers can not hold up to the recoil violence of a PCC. But, the new trigger from Timney Triggers can. It's easier and faster to pull than a MIL SPEC trigger, and purpose built for a PCC. Buy Now!

Here is the link... https://timneytriggers.com/pcc/
Old January 11, 2020, 05:34 PM   #4
stagpanther

Quote:
This was copied from the Timney website, there's a short video as well.

If you don't have this trigger in your pistol caliber carbine (PCC), you're wrong. Standard AR15 triggers can not hold up to the recoil violence of a PCC. But, the new trigger from Timney Triggers can. It's easier and faster to pull than a MIL SPEC trigger, and purpose built for a PCC. Buy Now!

Here is the link... https://timneytriggers.com/pcc/
I'll have to tell that to my 4 PCC's in 9 and 10mm that I've been running for years with "regular" triggers-- the only thing I've ever had that failed on a PCC was the bolt catch, and that has much more to do with the inertia generated by heavy buffer, spring and carrier.
Old January 23, 2020, 03:39 PM   #5
HJ857

The only difference is likely to be the height of the hammer.

Some AR hammers are on the short side and an AR9 often will not fully reset it causing the hammer to follow the carrier back home and in the worst case go full auto. The Rock River NM trigger falls in to this category for certain.

If it works with a 9mm upper, I'm sure that it will work fine with a 300BO upper.