The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 8, 2017, 07:47 AM   #1
sandman31774

new shotgun

My son is looking at getting a new semi-auto shotgun for duck huntin. He has looked at almost everything the stores around here have. He really likes the way the Remington Versa Max and V3 feels. He is also interested in the Mossberg 930. He looked at other expensive brands and models (I told him i'd help him financially get whatever he wanted) but he says he likes the Versa, v3, or 930.
Just wondering if any of you could offer some experience with these shotguns? Good or bad experiences?
thanks
Old August 9, 2017, 07:12 PM   #2
FITASC

Google Randy Wakeman and see/read his reviews of those various guns.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old August 10, 2017, 07:38 AM   #3
Virginian

If you need/want 3-1/2" capability, go with a VersaMax. Otherwise the V3 is excellent.