The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old July 20, 2006, 06:06 PM   #1
FirstFreedom

Thumbs up for Po' Boy Feeders

I put this here instead of "Gear & Accessories" or "Retail Deal & Feedback" since it's so closely related to just hunting.

I know people disagree as to the ethics of using a feeder, but for those that do use them, I have to highly recommend this company and their products - Po' Boy Feeders:

http://www.poorboysfeeders.com/
http://www.poorboysfeeders.com/1134889.html

It's owned by a nice ol' boy named Jack out of Claremore, OK. Darn good, solid feeders at a good price. He's got a variety of styles, using timers, demand sticks, and just gravity, and innovative stuff like the molasses feeder which hangs off the side of the main feeder. And Jack is very helpful with any questions. Man that dude has some BIG-antlered bucks on his property up in N.E. Okla! Anyway, I'm pleased. So far I just have 1 demand feeder and the molasses feeder, but I plan on getting another one. Jack can tell you where to buy a feed mixture that grows the antlers that big - it's a combo of whole corn, cracked corn, black oil sunflower seed, protein pellets, and a couple of other ingredients.
Old July 20, 2006, 06:40 PM   #2
kingudaroad

Gee FF, now you can set up your heated tower blind 200 yards away and use your super high powered rifle with a high power 36x magnified scope and put a .300 grain bullet in Bambi's ear while he innocently bends down to nibble on a little piece of corn.

Just kiddin looks like a darn good feeder.
Old July 20, 2006, 10:38 PM   #3
FirstFreedom

Ha, ha. Well, ok, I know I'm not ethical in some people's books. But, I did put my stand some ways from the feeder, with no clear shot to it at all, for several reasons. And it's NOT heated! And anyone who thinks having a feeder necessarily means success with deer has never tried it. Far from it. Which is why it remains legal for deer. It's rare for deer to visit a feeder in the daytime. Now it IS illegal to hunt over bait for turkeys, because they ARE too stupid - that's shooting, not hunting. Therefore you have to be at least 100 yards from the bait to hunt turkey. Which is one of said reasons for having the stand a ways away - so it's legal to shoot a one during fall turkey if I see one deer hunting.