The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 20, 2011, 08:42 AM   #1
napp

Win Some, Lose Some

As you might remember, I bought my first BP pistol about five weeks ago. At that time, Cabela's had the case hardened, checkered grip 1858 Remington on sale for $319. Being afraid that the sale would soon end, I went for it.

Sure enough, while browsing Cabela's website last night I noticed that the pistol is no longer on sale for $319. It is now on sale for $279.

Oh well, at least, I got free shipping in December.
Old January 20, 2011, 09:19 AM   #2
c.robertson

Do what I did on the purchase of a new in the box HOWDAH 20ga double barrel pistol in the Bargin Cave. Snivel & whine, pee & moan.
I did with the Howdah priced at Bargin Cave for $499.00. Internet price had been reduced from $600.00 to $500.00.
SOOO! I did the above and got the HOWDAH down to $312.00. I know that is hard to believe, but if anyone doubts my word I can scan the reciept and post it.

And boy it that a fun gun to shoot.
Old January 20, 2011, 09:20 AM   #3
Doc Hoy

Napp

That man is blessed,
who does his best,
and leaves the rest,
and does not worry.

The fact that you are not clairvoyant does not detract in any way from my regard for you.

This was Cabela's mistake, not yours.
Old January 20, 2011, 10:08 AM   #4
napp

c.robertson

Based on your comments, I called customer service at Cabela's. I didn't have to pee and moan; but I did snivel and whine a little. I was initially informed that no adjustment could be made since the purchase was more than 30 days ago. Eventually, the very pleasant lady in customer service agreed to send me a $20 gift certificate as a good faith gesture.

Since the original order included free shipping and the current offer doesn't, we were only looking at a $30 dollar difference. I'm happy with the results of the phone call. Kudos to Cabela's customer service.