The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old January 1, 2016, 11:26 PM   #1
RagingBull

Early Turus 608 scope mount

So, I got my 608 SS6 early in their production. I want to add a scope for hunting. I've already had it in the field with open sights and it was dead accurate at a 60yd ranged buck.

Still, I'd like to scope it so, I ordered the Taurus mount for it. Two, actually, since the first didn't fit and I thought it may have been mislabeled on the package or the wrong rail packaged...whatever.

But, the second one was the same. The rails that I find that are shown to fit my gun simply do not.

Was the 608 design changed after their initial introduction? This could be why the mount will not fit my early production model I suppose, but, I'm hoping someone else can shed some light on the issue.

Thanks.
Old January 2, 2016, 02:02 AM   #2
AzShooter

For a cheap but good mount order a 10-22 mount and have a good gunsmith drill the holes for you. It will give you a low to the access profile and will help when trying to pick up the scope.

Tags
608 , mount , rail , scope , taurus