The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old August 26, 2010, 09:41 PM   #1
jrix189

Taurus's new 2010 line still not out

Does anyone have any idea why Taurus has not put a majority of their 2010 line on the market yet? I called a Taurus rep that said the raging judge magnum I have a a down payment on would not be available until December!!! A buddy of mine said that he had a similar situation with a S&W and it turned out his order got canceled due to lack of interest and therefore manufacture. Any idea????
Old August 26, 2010, 09:58 PM   #2
Daryl

Only a guess here, but I'd say that it's likely because of the demand for Taurus firearms.

Lets face it, the superior quality and top-notch craftsmanship that goes into each and every Taurus firearm makes them very desireable pieces. The smooth trigger, tight tollerances, and overall craftsmanship take time to put together, but considering the price, it's well worth waiting for.

Just a thought, but...

Hold out an extra month, and you might get a great deal on one of the many used ones that are sure to come available.

Daryl
Old August 26, 2010, 10:10 PM   #3
Wildalaska

Quote:
Does anyone have any idea why Taurus has not put a majority of their 2010 line on the market yet?
Because they still havent gotten the 1999 line right yet

WildbuildinggoodjunktakestimeAlaska ™©2002-2010
Old August 26, 2010, 10:34 PM   #4
The_Shootist

Ha!

A "Raging Judge" Magnum? As in .44?? Seriously? :barf:

They better have a good lifetime warranty....and no, I am not a Taurus hater having an M85 with over 1000 rds thru and no problems. Its a great gun for the money.

But...ummm...for some reason Judge=Magnum just seems a bit out there.
Old August 27, 2010, 01:46 AM   #5
Tom Servo
Staff

It's not just Taurus.

Every January, we've got the SHOT Show, which is the big industry trade convention. Everybody spends tons of money and does a big to-do about the products they plan on releasing later in the year.

That is, if they make it to market at all. There's no shortage of vaporware and delays. Heck, the civilian version of the H&K 416 is the industry equivalent of Duke Nukem Forever at this point.

Taurus has been bad about this. Worse yet, they'll run advertising blitzes in the magazines months before a product is sent to retail. Hopefully, they'll be ready to ship in time for Christmas, but given their history the last couple of years, I wouldn't hold my breath.

(Incidentally, Orlando? Disney music everywhere+no-smoking hotel rooms=one unhappy Tom Servo.)

Tags
taurus