The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 31, 2000, 03:45 PM   #1
Longshot

I own a 642, and am seeking recommendations for an IWB for concealed carry.

Also, any ideas on an inconspicuous belt holster for a speedloader?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

------------------
NRA/GOA/SAF
USMC '87-'91

Oregon residents please support the Oregon Firearms Federation, our local "No compromise" chapter of the GOA. http://www.oregonfirearms.org
Old October 31, 2000, 11:16 PM   #2
Captain Bligh

I sometimes carry a Model 60 in a Galco Summer Comfort. I can't say as I really like it much. The position of the belt loops exaggerate further the breadth of the cylinder and makes it more prone to print.

Still, it is decent but not great. If you're patient enough to wait for a better holster and want to drop the $ for it, there are better things to be found.

RJ
Old November 1, 2000, 02:27 AM   #3
Jim V

Check with http://www.rfholsters.com and see what Lou Alessi might have. Or check the holster maker listings at http://www.1911forum.com off the "welcome" page in the "links" section. I dredged up over different makers for that forum. Check 'em out.

Molon Labe

------------------
"If there be treachery, let there be jihad."
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Old November 1, 2000, 10:28 PM   #4
Sierra

Longshot, I have a 442 and the best pocket holster I found was the Kramer Pocket Holster. For me (5'10", 170 lbs) it disappears in my pocket, is very comfortable and accessible. I do not particularly care for J-frames but this one goes everywhere with me. This holster was good enough to replace a pocket holster for my TPH. Alessi is also suppose to be primo.
Old November 2, 2000, 09:51 AM   #5
LIProgun

For carrying a J-frame IWB I have found every holster to be unacceptably thick. The absolute best solution I have found is to mate a Barami Hip-Grip with a Tyler T-Grip adapter. With an Airweight (or titanium) J-frame carried in this manner you sometimes forget the gun is even there.
Old November 2, 2000, 10:50 PM   #6
OIC

I second the Barami Hip Grip with the Tyler adapter. I tried a variety of holsters including the Kramer Pocket holster as was previously mentioned, and I've yet to find anything I like better than the Barami and Tyler combo. My only gripe is that I can't use a set of Crimson Trace Laser grips, but I'll get over it. There is a metal clip product (the name escapes me) which attaches to the right side of the frame that would allow the Laser grips combo, but it looks as if it could cause the cylinder to bind over time. Bottom line, the Barami's cost about $18-20 and you can still use them with a holster if you desire, so they extend your carry options.
BT