The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 18, 2009, 12:08 AM   #1
olcoach

handicapped CAS wannabe needs help.

Hi, I am in a wheelchair and I need help fastening holsters for my pistols to the arm of my wheelchair. Obviously, I am not concerned with competition time etc. I just want to have fun and do some safe shooting with the really great people in our local CAS. I'm hoping someone here will have some advice as I can't find anywhere to help with what I need. I've searched the net and tried to find a leather guy but so far no luck. I would be very grateful for any help. Thanks, Mike
Old July 18, 2009, 04:37 AM   #2
Raider2000

A really good leather guy that I've dealt with is http://www.bbgcustomleather.com/

He's known as bigbadgun on The High Road forums & is a great guy to know, I'm sure that if you give him some specks he can make something for ya...
Old July 18, 2009, 07:57 AM   #3
madcratebuilder

+1000
Contact Bob at the address above, if anyone can do it, Bob can.
Old July 18, 2009, 06:36 PM   #4
FL-Flinter

Howdy Mike!

I've designed and built some attachments for chairs but now that I have to use one myself, it's given me a whole new perspective. I think it's great you want shoot!

Sent you an email.

Mark

Last edited by FL-Flinter; July 18, 2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old July 19, 2009, 10:55 AM   #5
Jbar4Ranch

We had a gentleman at the Montana State shoot last weekend who shot from a motorized chair and used holsters that strapped to his thighs just above his knees with the holsters running parallel to the straps so that they hung vertically when he was sitting.

SASS 47015