The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old May 31, 2006, 01:16 AM   #26
lil_bro

Me and my bro have decided that if we ever get into a gun fight with a druggie(s)that we will not only fight with bullets but also with psychological warfare.
Our idea is too yell as loud as we can(and make sure they hear it)stuff like this.

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW"

"THIS AIN'T NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT HAPPENED LAST WEEK!!!"

"WALT YOU AND ELMER FLANK THEM ON THE LEFT,GEORGE YOU AND ZACH FLANK THEM ON THE RIGHT,ME AND BOB WILL STAY HERE,WHEN I GIVE THE WORD WE'LL ALL MOVE IN TOGETHER!!!"

"I DON'T WANNA WASTE AMMO ON THESE GUYS,WALT HAND ME A FEW STICK OF THAT DYNAMITE!!!"

"STALL THEM I WILL GO GET THE RPG'S,OK WILL DO!!!"

"I THINK I SEE ON OF THEM BEHIND THAT ROCK HERE HOLD MY BEER AND HAND MY THE SNIPER RIFLE!!!"

"JUST LIKE WHEN YOU WERE A KID RIGHT DAD?"

"PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMO!!!"(from one of the dixie-chick songs)

"I'M GETTING BORED CAN WE PUSH THE BUTTON FOR THE CLAY-MORES AND GO HOME NOW BIG BROTHER?"

"HEY GOOD IDEA HAND ME A FEW OF THOSE HAND-GRENADES!!!"

There is more but I will save those for another day.

So do y'all think maybe those will get them a little sacred

Michael.
Old May 31, 2006, 09:00 AM   #27
Harley Quinn

It might give them an excuse to start shooting

In self defense

I'd just shoot um, forget about the talk. You are doing them a favor putting them out of their misery.

HQ
Old May 31, 2006, 09:56 AM   #28
lil_bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Quinn
In self defense

I'd just shoot um, forget about the talk. You are doing them a favor putting them out of their misery.

HQ
LOL the yelling would happen after they shot at us.But ya your right if that ever happeneds(hope it don't)I will let my weapon do all the talking

Michael.
Old May 31, 2006, 11:21 AM   #29
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

If it makes you feel any better, it scared me a little.
Old May 31, 2006, 10:55 PM   #30
lil_bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
If it makes you feel any better, it scared me a little.
See the psychological warfare is working.

Michael.
Old June 3, 2006, 11:35 AM   #31
chemist308

I don't go into the woods without a gun--no exceptions--but meth labs are not really the reason. However, this gives me pause to think that maybe a semi-auto is a better pick for hiking than my Ruger single action in 357mag. Maybe an M1 Carbine, possibly with a foldable stock.
Old June 3, 2006, 11:52 AM   #32
Harley Quinn

I think you are catching on Chemist308

That M1 is a good pick.

I have numerous ones, some in different calibers, 5.77mm is a good one, fast and goes through clothing very easy. 3300 ft per second gets it done.

The 30 cal has similar power as the 357, it is a rifle in SA. I Likee.

HQ
Old June 3, 2006, 05:12 PM   #33
Foxman

I noticed Lil bro mentioned em getting sacred, is that going to like when Billy Graham hit the top notes and they all get religion and give up the drugs?
I'm more in favor of sending em straight to heaven with a straight shot myself.
Old June 4, 2006, 09:36 PM   #34
silicon wolverine

What theyve done wrong is between them and god. Its our job to arrange the meeting.

SW
Old June 5, 2006, 02:01 PM   #35
guntotin_fool

Meth labs are becoming a huge problem not just in the country, a few weeks ago we had a little travel trailer fire at local apt building, it was a meth lab.

We had two fish houses burn down out on the lakes this year near us, both meth labs.

A guy we know found an abandoned city bus sitting in his drive way of his hunting land. Not stolen but bought at auction, it was a very large and high quality drug lab. He had pics of it, it was not one where the parts were cobbled up, It had real stoves, with proper hookups, not just propane deep fryers. It had a lot of work done to it. Cops said it would have been able to make many many pounds a day in it. Just on the news a few days ago, a rented ryder truck burned up and it was a lab.

YOU DO REALIZE this could all be stopped in a few days? right?

The active ingrediant is from a Pseudoepinephrine based or epinephrine compound. If this ingrediant was treated with a very simple chemical, it would be impossible to make meth out of it. It would not stop it's cold medicine quality, but it would make cooking it turn it into something nauseating. There are really only like five or six factories in the WORLD that make the precursor compounds that meth requires.

Some states have banned having epi or pseudo epi drugs out on the counter and the DRUG companies hate this as they say it has cut down on their profits. BUT in areas where these are required to be held behind the counter, lab discoveries have dropped way down.

Further more there are much better and longer lasting and lower side effects meds on the market now that are far better alternatives to the Pseudofed type drugs. But people do like to stay with what they know.
It has been reported that over one half of sudafed sales are to meth production. Stop the availablitly of the raw material and you stop the production of meth.

All you older guys, remember when 'Ludes were a huge problem. People stumbling around just bombed on Quaaludes, this stopped relatively fast when it was discovered that base compound was made in three places and the DEA went to those places and looked, something like 70% of production was going to mexico and venezuala. It did not take a rocket scientist to know that this was not were this stuff was going but rather a way stop on the way to the USA. The DEA installed monitors at the sights and started to prevent the dispersal of the ingrediant and suddenly the market system took over. With 70 % or more of the street supply gone, prices skyrocket and people quit using it.

A few years ago, these drugs were required to be kept behind the counter for a while, street grade fell and street prices skyrocketed. However Drug Co lobbiests and others put heavy pressure on Congress to over turn the Executive branch ruling.
Old June 13, 2006, 08:11 AM   #36
Harley Quinn

Now we are seeing a rise in crime

I believe it is because of the control of the drugs at the street level and to establish a territory.

In some areas the police are really into more shooting's than ever, they seem to be winning them also. The people who are just hanging out or don't have the ability to shoot back are the ones in trouble right now.

Just goes to show how these punks operate. Shoot into crowds and kill innocents. Sad.

HQ
Old June 14, 2006, 06:35 PM   #37
Jseime

I live in a farming area in central Saskatchewan anhydrous ammonia is fairly common in some areas around here and it wouldnt be hard to get a hold of some of it for twisted reasons. The manufacture of meth is so simple that a hillbilly like me could make it which is pretty sickening.
Old June 16, 2006, 11:48 PM   #38
hunters_haven

I knew I wasn't crazy for carrying a battle load

I knew I wasn't crazy for carrying a battle load of ammuntion when I go hunting, which only requires a single shot to get my deer. I hunt with a M-1 Garand but I also have a few SMLEs that I have for backup guns if something goes south with my Garand. When I go out I store my ammo in the surplus issue bandoleers which hold six or seven en bloc loaders. I used to be armed thusly just because of poacher problems in the past, but now I see I'm being prudent because of the meth problems. My rural part of Missouri is meth head central I think.

On a brighter note, I also have a bayonet for my Garand now to add to my extra ammo load. It's sad when I find that the mil surps double as defensive armament while hunting.
Old June 17, 2006, 12:23 AM   #39
lil_bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunters_haven
I knew I wasn't crazy for carrying a battle load of ammuntion when I go hunting...
IMO its not crazy or paranoid its prepared.

Michael.
Old June 17, 2006, 09:07 PM   #40
hunters_haven

It's still sad that we have to do it

I don't like to do it and it's sad that we have to do it, the carrying of more ammunition than would normally be needed for hunting, but times change, often not always for the better.

I just hope I never need to use more than one shot, used to take down my deer.