The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 09:08 AM   #1
Bartholomew Roberts

Rob Pincus Makes the Daily Mail and Think Progress

TFL member Rob Pincus gave a speech at the NRA convention during which he suggested that having the gun safe in your children's room was something to consider since most parents will immediately go to check on their children in the even of an emergency or a bump in the night. He then added if you have to worry about your child defeating your gun safe, you have a whole different set of problems you need to address first.

Think Progress was at the meeting with a video camera and apparently thought this suggestion was something they could twist to make the NRA sound crazy and found a willing accomplice in the Daily Mail. I didn't bother linking to the story as I see no reason to reward that type of story with hits.
Old May 6, 2013, 09:13 AM   #2
Plumbnut

He said "if you have an extra gun and an extra safe why not put it in your childrens room"

I guess everyone as a different opinion but I myself do not see a problem with that.
It better be kept locked and "forgetting" would be a tragic excuse if it wasn't,but thats true with any gun safe with loaded guns and children involved.

You know there is already a thread about this topic?
Old May 6, 2013, 10:39 AM   #3
Glenn E. Meyer

There is a thread already about Rob's statement. So to avoid redundancy, I'll close this one.

Here you go:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524138

But thanks for bringing up, Bart.