The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 9, 2006, 12:33 PM   #1
Texas_XD

Tdman- No replies?

Afternoon ladies and gents:

Just wanted to comment on the lack of replies from him in response to my offers on one of his ads. Left PMs on various forums directing him to my offer as he had cross posted the items. Granted I requested to give him a 75% deposit ($300 of the $400 asked)to hold the item till my payday (roughly 10 days), but even if that was unacceptable to him, he should have stated as such. I offered to give him refs based on multiple purchases made on hs2000talk.com, amongst other sites, including 5 firearms and lots of accessories. I sent a follow up PM when I saw him actively viewing various other posts for over 30 minutes questioning the issue and still no response.
Basicly, my complaint is the total lack of common courtesy, which should be part of the basis of any civilized group. Exspecially from one hoping to sell his items in a timely fashion. Thank you all for reading my rant, please have a nice weekend.

Trace

Edit: Prehaps if there was some strange reason as to why he hasn't responded, this will prompt him in the right direction. I am regularly on-line as work premits and check PMs/email often.
Old June 9, 2006, 02:17 PM   #2
pwelsh4hd

No reply = no deal.......it's his to do with as he sees fit. I'd just move on and drop it, as opposed to posting about their "courtesy".
Old June 9, 2006, 06:32 PM   #3
Texas_XD

Why confused? A lack of communication is still bad business, whether his reply would have been no or sure thing or whatever. Would it be really THAT much of a difference if I tried to buy it outright and got no reply? You may excuse it, but I'm not and hopefully others won't either. It may be his to do with as seen fit, but let interested parties know.