The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 10, 2000, 10:39 PM   #1
ARshooter

Has anyone out there developed a tool, machine, device, or gadget to make their shooting sport and/or reloading activities easier, more accurate, more time saving, etc? Anyone modified any reloading tools to function better? I'm sure that many people on TFL have come up with some interesting items.

How about sharing them?
Old May 11, 2000, 01:02 AM   #2
jcoyoung

Field Expendable Soda/Sandwich Cooler

Ingredients:
<LI>Cardboard box
<LI>Garbage bag
<LI>Ice
Old May 11, 2000, 04:25 AM   #3
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

he he he - I like that one!
Old May 12, 2000, 01:04 PM   #4
VictorLouis

A cheap stand-in for the IPSC target:
the cardboard trays that cases of soda come in. Tear down the "sidewalls" to flatten it, and use a sheet of paper and an index card as templates for scoring zones. Rock tumblers can often be found at hobby shops for less than the cost of vibratory case cleaners. Just more inconvenient to use, though.
Old May 14, 2000, 02:01 PM   #5
Amy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ARshooter:
Has anyone out there developed a tool, machine, device, or gadget to make their shooting sport and/or reloading activities easier, more accurate, more time saving, etc? Anyone modified any reloading tools to function better? I'm sure that many people on TFL have come up with some interesting items.

How about sharing them?
[/quote]

Well, there *is* the Camenga EasyLoader (tm)... I have one, though thus far it has not proven to be so easy as its name would imply. I found it quite hard to pull the slide and get the rounds into the magazine. Lubricating the inside of the magazine seemed to help, but it was still pretty difficult. Someone stronger than me might have an easier time of it.

Amy

Old May 14, 2000, 05:22 PM   #6
ARshooter

This topic transferred to the General Discussion Board.
Old May 14, 2000, 06:20 PM   #7
jcoyoung

Amy,

I have two of the Easy loaders. I haven't had much luck with the M1A/M14 version, but the AR15/M16 one (non-stripper clip model) has worked pretty good for me so far. My buddy had trouble using it with the Colt 20-rounders, but I haven't had all that much trouble. I think the trick is getting the cartridges to stay at the rear of the magazine so the bullets don't hang up on the front. IMHO, the AR15/M16 loaders are a time and finger saver. Oh, yea, I have trouble pulling that handle sometimes, but I'm not exactly 'bodybuilder' material.

[This message has been edited by jcoyoung (edited May 14, 2000).]