The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old May 2, 2009, 09:44 PM   #1
tyrajam

Tree Lounge experience?

So I picked up a new in box tree lounge at a garage sale for a screaming deal, and now I'm trying to decide what to do with it. Everything I have heard is that they are hard to climb with and loud! I don't care about the weight, I can drag it in on a deer cart. But I'm just trying to decide if its worth hunting with or if I should just sell or trade it. Looking for feedback from anyone who has actually used one of these.
Old May 3, 2009, 11:30 AM   #2
Kendo

Here in OK ,we cant use climbers for the most part, Wrong kind of trees. That bein said, a freind of mine got one not thinkin about it. After we made fun of him for spending that kind of on something he couldnt use in the hardwoods,we improvised. We just drug that big sucker up in a tree during early bow season, put in the screw pegs and left it till the end of January. If I remember right there were 3 deer taken from that stand. One nice 8 pointer. I hunted out of it once or twice, no luck, but man was that thing comfortable. Just a thought.
Old May 3, 2009, 09:56 PM   #3
bcarver

loud

First time I hunted from mine I was climbing and was thinking I was making too much noise.
I was trying to be quiet.
I set it up(foot rest) and as soon as I got the gun up with pull cord I turned and saw a deer about 20 yards away.
Old May 4, 2009, 01:57 PM   #4
toolguyb

I have hunted out of mine for about 10 years. It is very comfortable to sit in. I sit all day during the rut. I like that it is very stable in the tree. It does not move at all once you sit down in it. I have taken many deer out of this stand and would not trade it for anything. Now the cons... It is heavy, and if you are not practiced in how to hang it you will make noise. I always make a clang or two on opening morning. It seems people either love or hate their lounge. I happen to be one of the ones that loves his! I would suggest you try it out and see if you like it or not.

Brett
Old May 11, 2009, 10:04 PM   #5
impact

I do what Kendo said. I put mine up in october and just took it out last month. I climb with mine every time I use it. I took my first Buck two years ago out of that climber with a recurve bow. The only bad thing about leaving it in a tree is that the damn squirrels will eat the seat cusion. If you want to stay up in a tree for a long time thats the climber to be in.
Old May 11, 2009, 10:34 PM   #6
Gbro

Hands down they are the most comfortable. Much to easy to fall asleep in such a reclined position. I like to stand and move some so the API magnum is my preferred stand. I do have a padded board seat in place of the sling seat.
Old May 12, 2009, 09:28 AM   #7
Jack O'Conner

I bought one in 2006 for hunting in eastern Pennsylvania. I also bought the wheel kit but replaced steel washers with nylon washers for noise. Climbing and descending seems fairly quiet to me. I've always taken this stand out of the forest with me at end of the day and would not leave it in place to tempt another hunter.

Comfort and stability is exceptional.

I've had very good luck hunting deer from this tree stand.

My hunting partner had a Summit Goliath climbing stand. Its not as comfortable for all day sitting and for this reason he sold it to buy a Tree Lounger.

Jack

Old May 13, 2009, 06:28 PM   #8
shortwave

Absolutely the best stand I`ve ever used. Have hunted out of mine for many years(wore out nylon seat part). I`ve never come close to cutting out, falling out of or turning over. Have shot from every angle you could think of out of it and climbed everything from a telephone pole to a shag-bark hickory. It is heavy, but well worth the extra packing effort. Give it a try,just don`t fall asleep.
Old May 13, 2009, 06:32 PM   #9
sclay

Got to use one once. Best sleep I ever had.

And wouldn't buy one because of that. If I get too comfortable, I'm out.

sclay