The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 7, 2020, 06:56 PM   #1
briang2ad

Couple Star PD questions

If I used an o-ring as I do on my CZs, would that be sufficient to protect the firing pin in dry firing the gun?

I've read that the ever crappy Pro Mags do actually work and there are some good reviews on Midway for them - true in your experience?

Thanks.
Old March 7, 2020, 08:36 PM   #2
RickB

I never used anything but factory mags, but if you can get a good deal on Pro Mag, give it a try.
I usually use a strip of corrugated cardboard to cushion hammer impact on my rimfire 1911, but an o-ring should work.
I have snap-caps with spring-loaded "primers" to take the firing pin impact, too.
Old March 7, 2020, 09:42 PM   #3
Bill DeShivs

When you do break your firing pin, I make them.
Old March 9, 2020, 07:30 AM   #4
briang2ad

Thanks folks.

I should get it this week. Picked up some mags at the funshow, and we'll see how this goes. From the GB pics it looks pretty pristine.

I hate Midway for listing OLD OOS items. The Pro Mags ones are no longer in stock, and old mags are now from $40-80.
Old March 10, 2020, 02:12 PM   #5
JERRYS.

in the late 80s I owned a PD and a BM. they were good guns but went with cash for trades on other guns I wanted more..... of the two I liked the BM more though.