The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 30, 2011, 10:48 PM   #1
Firearms86

Type 7 FFL

Does anybody have a list of Type 07 FFLs?
Old July 1, 2011, 10:16 AM   #2
dogtown tom

ATF probably does.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old July 1, 2011, 10:46 AM   #3
Don P

Google is your friend
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old July 1, 2011, 08:37 PM   #4
Firearms86

Nothing comes up on google. It's not on the ATF website either.
Old July 1, 2011, 09:04 PM   #5
oldkim

Wikipedia to the rescue....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Firearms_License

Type 1 Title 1 dealer or gunsmith other than destructive devices. Can also deal in Title II NFA firearms with class 3 tax stamp.

Type 2 Title 1 dealer doing business as a pawnbroker

Type 3 Licensed collector of Curio & Relic (C&R) firearms

Type 6 Licensed manufacturer of ammunition and reloading components other than Armor Piercing ammunition

Type 7 Title 1 manufacturer of firearms, who can also act as dealer, other than Destructive Devices, ammunition and ammunition components ther than Armor Piercing ammunition. Can also manufacture & deal in Title II NFA firearms with class 2 tax stamp.

Type 8 Importer of Title 1 firearms and ammunition. Can also import Title II NFA firearms with class 1 tax stamp.

Type 9 Dealer in Title 1 firearms including NFA destructive devices. Requires payment as an SOT Class 1 (can act as an NFA Dealer). To deal/broker any DD with an explosives content (i.e. flash-bangs) requires an additional FFL as a Dealer of High Explosives.

Type 10 Manufacturer of Title 1 firearms, ammunition and ammunition components, manufacturer of NFA Destructive Devices, ammunition for Destructive Devices, and Armor Piercing ammunition (can act as a dealer). Requires payment as an SOT Class 2 (can act as an NFA Dealer). To manufacture any DD with an explosives content (i.e. flash-bangs) requires an additional FFL as a Type 20 Manufacturer of High Explosives.

Type 11 Importer of Title 1 firearms, ammunition, NFA Destructive Devices, ammunition for Destructive Devices, and armor-piercing ammunition. Requires payment as an SOT Class 1 and registration with the U.S. Department of State as a Broker under ITAR/D-TRADE. To import any DD with an explosives content (i.e. flash-bangs), requires an additional FFL as an Importer of High Explosives.

Class Usage
Class 1 importer of NFA firearms
Class 2 manufacturer & dealer of NFA firearms
Class 3 dealer of NFA firearms

Class 1 SOT status requires an importer FFL, either Type 8 or 11.
Class 2 SOT status requires a manufacturer FFL, either Type 7 or 10.
Class 3 SOT status requires a dealer or manufacturer FFL, either Type 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, or 11.

Check out my new website: www.shootonthemove.org
Old July 1, 2011, 09:26 PM   #6
Mal H
Staff

Well, that's a list of FFL types, not a list of Type 7 FFL's.

I think that list has to come from the BATFE, and it might take a letter of inquiry.
Old July 1, 2011, 09:57 PM   #7
oldkim

reading quick...

Well, read it fast...

Just a quick look up - didn't find a list either but found this info that I thought would be interesting to those that does or have any plans to...
http://www.patelsrepair.com/D/node/421

Curious... only 14 post...

I see a request for a list... most related to Curio's an Relics...
Quote:
A special type of FFL is available to collectors of curio or relic (C&R) firearms. C&R firearms are defined in Title 27, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 478.11 as those "...of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons." An application for a C&R FFL is filed using ATF Form 7CR.
Is the OP asking for a list of C&R?

Just wondering with a low post count....

Never mind... I see his post on re-manufacturer / modifications...

So, you might want to check out what it takes and cost associated with getting your FFL 07 to see if it still is feasible for what you are wanting to do be it a project gun or going into business...

Hope this helps

Check out my new website: www.shootonthemove.org
Old July 2, 2011, 01:16 AM   #8
dogtown tom

Quote:
Firearms86 Nothing comes up on google. It's not on the ATF website either.
Yes it is....
http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/ffl-list.html

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old July 2, 2011, 11:41 AM   #9
Don P

This from my Google search, http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/class3.htm
Guess it only works for me and a few others
Old July 2, 2011, 12:27 PM   #10
Mal H
Staff

Don - that isn't a lit of FFL type 7 license holders.

dogtown tom found the list on the BATFE site of all places.
Old July 2, 2011, 12:53 PM   #11
Don P

My error in reading. Me apologies sir. Must learn to read more carefully. Me thoughts he was looking for the definition.
Old July 3, 2011, 12:23 AM   #12
Firearms86

Thanks Dogtown Tom; that's exactly what I was looking for. I've called many type 07 FFL, but they are uncooperative when it comes to modifying a NAA 22 Short. Can anybody recommend an FFL that is willing to work with these types of guns? Preferably in the LA area, but anywhere is fine.
Thanks!
Old July 3, 2011, 10:16 AM   #13
Mal H
Staff

What??

Now that you've got the list you were looking for (and a lot of people looked for you), start giving them a call and see what they say.
Old July 3, 2011, 10:57 AM   #14
dogtown tom

Quote:
Firearms86 Thanks Dogtown Tom; that's exactly what I was looking for. I've called many type 07 FFL, but they are uncooperative when it comes to modifying a NAA 22 Short. Can anybody recommend an FFL that is willing to work with these types of guns? Preferably in the LA area, but anywhere is fine.
Thanks!
Maybe if you explained WHAT it is that needs modifying on that mini we could help.

Old July 3, 2011, 11:26 AM   #15
Aguila Blanca
Staff

He has another thread going. As manufacturted, the firearm is not on California's approved list of "safe" firearms. Apparently there's a loophole by which it can be modified, sold legally (?), and then un-modified by the end purchaser. He's looking to avail himself of that loophole.
Old July 3, 2011, 04:33 PM   #16
Firearms86

The modifications that the Mini needs is to make it measure a total length of 7 1/2 inches or more with the total barrel length measuring 3 inches or more; then the Mini will be free from having to comply with California standards!
Thanks!
Old July 3, 2011, 04:37 PM   #17
Firearms86

Something else that has come to my attention is that 80% frames are not considered firearms. So would it be possible for me to order a Mini frame, then all the parts, and then just assemble it myself?
Thanks!
Old July 3, 2011, 04:59 PM   #18
dogtown tom

It may be cheaper and easier to move to the U.S.