The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old January 22, 2013, 11:01 PM   #26
tdow

I have a suggestion for you. Most companies today are terrified of liability. I'm not sure if a trigger that's acting erratically is safe
Old January 22, 2013, 11:35 PM   #27
shredder4286

Quote:
Most companies today are terrified of liability.
True, and for good reason. There's a few other companies that had their share of lawsuits with triggers/safeties that had problems. I'll let you all know how this turns out.
Old January 22, 2013, 11:50 PM   #28
Colorado Redneck

Nothing is more agravating than buying a firearm that needs something done to make it work correctly. I bought a Rem 700 SPS Varmint in 204 ruger. The trigger sucked. I tried to adjust the factory trigger (knowing full well if I sent it back for a warranty issue the factory would reinstall a POS trigger and charge me.) Stripped out a hex head screw trying to loosen it. Well s****T. Ok, bought a Timney trigger, installed myself, and never looked back.

I did kinda regret not buying a Savage with accutrigger, but in the end, I really like the Remmy.

If you can get with Taylorforce, he will help you get on track, whichever way that is.