The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old September 30, 2018, 10:48 PM   #1
'88Scrat

CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 SBR

After debating between a CZ Shadow 2 and a Sig P226 Legion I've decided to scrap both and do something totally different .

I think I'm gonna seriously look into my first NFA build. As my base I'm leaning towards using the Scorpion as a starting platform. Everything I've seen online suggests it's a solid firearm that is very modular. I'd want to add a suppressor and some kind of red dot as well. I think I'd use the 922r kit from CZ rather then an AR style stock but have no experiance with either.

Never done an NFA build so this is all new to me.

Stock/Suppressor suggestions? Opinions?

Not 100% on the process for NFA items either.

Thanks!
Old October 1, 2018, 07:12 AM   #2
9x19

If you submit a form 1 for SBR, once it's approved, 922r no longer applies so you can use any stock you like.

A silencer requires another form (1 if you build it, 4 if you buy it).

approved forms in hand, of course, before building. Good luck.
Old October 1, 2018, 06:04 PM   #3
2wheelwander

Congrats! I am in the exact same boat. Scored a NIB on Armslist - battleship grey. Really wanted to go with an SB Tactical but NO ONE has them in black. FDE is everywhere. Nearly ready to pull the trigger on the 922 CZ kit instead of waiting. That stock in about 1 1/4" longer than the arm brace and very solid. Haven't handled an SB Tactical. Just haven't warmed up to an AR tube style set up. Too bulky for me on this gun. Looking at all you get with the CZ 922 kit, the SB Tactical is overpriced for what it is, but it is saving you a $200 stamp, and they know it.

Check out www.hbindustries.net They make some very nice micro conversions with 2 barrel options for a can. Reasonably priced IMHO. I expect they will get some of my money before this is over.

I have no real NEED for a Scorpion. But being a CZ fan and it caught my eye, I couldn't resist at the price I gave the guy who was just fired from his job. He only had it 2 weeks.