The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: Your go-to gun parts/accessories website?
Cheaper Than Dirt 0 0%
Midway USA 29 49.15%
Brownells 8 13.56%
Natchez 3 5.08%
Optics Planet 0 0%
Sportsmans Guide 3 5.08%
Other (Please specify in comments) 16 27.12%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 13, 2018, 01:30 AM   #26
Viper225

I order the most from Midway.
I have an order in with Brownells at the moment for 7 Glock magazines.
I also shop Mid South, Graf, Natches, and Powder Valley. I have ordered a couple things from Optical Planet lately also.

Bob
Old January 13, 2018, 04:18 AM   #27
TruthTellers

I'll say Midway, but recently made my first order from Natchez and next time I need powder/primers and they have a free hazmat offer if spend $100, I'll definitely order from them.

Midway is great because they just have everything. Brass, bullets, accessories, you name it, they got it.

For reloading presses, reloading equipment, and other accessories, I try to hit up Walmart's website because they usually have some stuff, just depends if it's the stuff you want. When they do, it's usually the same as Midway, but with free shipping and easy returns.

I buy my scopes through Walmart's website exclusively now.

If I'm buying factory ammo I'll usually buy it from either Sportsmansguide or Cabelas. Cabelas prices have been higher lately, usually 2-4 dollars more for ammo than SG, so I've been getting more from SG lately. It shows too as I looked at my order history for Cabelas and over a year passed from my most recent order to my last one.

Prices for other stuff at Cabelas is starting to get ridiculous; Cabelas is slowly becoming the new Gander Mountain. $50 for a 33 round Glock magazine when Midway has them for $35? Unacceptable.

CTD can go straight to Hell while Opticsplanet can tailgate them on the way.
Old January 13, 2018, 12:37 PM   #28
45Colt_Man

Midway or Brownells mostly.
Powder & primers I pick up locally if you call 125 miles one way local.
Brass direct from Starline.
Shoot 95% cast bullets ordered from casters.
Lee reloading equipment so I get that stuff from Titan Reloading.
I'm another one that will not purchase from CTD.

Dana
Old January 13, 2018, 01:20 PM   #29
CLYA

Black powder from Grafs. BP revolvers/pistols from Cabela's, Midway, Muzzleloaders, and Sportsman's Warehouse. If the ad's are watched enough, each of these business's will have deals that come along to beat the others, including the majority of internet pricing, even after the Cabela's buyout. For reloading machines and equipment options, Scheels will sometimes have sale prices that beat just about everybody. I prefer up front inspections for most of guns, and don't buy them online, with the exception of some black powder models. I also buy from Brownells. That's the great thing about having smart phones. When you're walking through a store, and run into the impulse buying mood, it's always easy to price check.
Old January 13, 2018, 01:26 PM   #30
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Use to purchase from whom ever had the best price. Not anymore. Business places today.. As close to this State as possible. i.e. >Shipping costs do matter now.
Old January 14, 2018, 12:27 AM   #31
Colorado Redneck

Selway Armory and Buds Gun Shop are two I use. Buds website is a pita but being retired if it takes a few minutes to navigate, no biggie. Cabelas website musta been designed by Russia....damned near impossible.
Old January 14, 2018, 12:36 AM   #32
AzShooter

I use Midway the most but have started using Brownells a lot. Midway's shipping get up there. Brownells has a $49 shipping for everything you buy. I now use that when I can.

I'll sometimes order something small and then realize I need something else. With the Brownells shipping it doesn't matter because I no longer have to pay for individual packages.

I've ordered a lot of gunsmithing tools from Brownells. I bought myself a Christmas Present last month of a Volquartsen barrel for my Ruger Mark IV. VQ had them on sale for $335, regular price $375. I missed the sale but with my Brownells discount it was $335 and an extra bonus of 10%. Came to $303.
Old January 14, 2018, 04:15 PM   #33
std7mag

I had to vote other as i buy more stuff off of Amazon or my LGS.
Old January 17, 2018, 05:14 PM   #34
jugornot

Mostly from Midway and Brownells/Sinclair. But been looking carefully at bullets.com. CTD once (and only.) Natchez Powder and primers. Primary Arms and some smaller sites. Got my Razor HD 2 for 10% off at optics Planet. Brownells sent a personal thank you after a fairly large order. Only problem I've had has been CTD. Took order as in stock then back ordered most important part. May try powder Valley if not happy with bullets.com. Amazon for some as a prime member 2nd day shipping is nice.

Bill
Old January 17, 2018, 05:32 PM   #35
TrueBlue711

Has anybody else noticed Amazon's shooting supplies selection dropped a lot in the past 4 months or so? I used to be able to find pretty specific gun parts on there (such as springs and pins). Now I'm only finding things like rail accessories, slings and optics.
Old January 17, 2018, 08:42 PM   #36
JB60

Midway or Brownells whichever has a sale and in stock. Just ordered four 16oz cans of Remoil from Freedom Munitions, other suppliers were more expensive or out of stock.

Last edited by JB60; January 18, 2018 at 07:29 AM.
Old January 17, 2018, 08:54 PM   #37
Troy800

Also use Midsouth, Optic Planet, Top Gun Supply
Old January 19, 2018, 09:01 PM   #38
Number10GI

I purchase all my reloading supplies from Midsouth, I live about a mile away from them, saves hazmat fees on powder and primers. I have bought some scopes from them and other items. For the things they don't stock I go to Brownells and some to Midway but Midway is a bit overpriced.
Old January 19, 2018, 11:20 PM   #39
Onward Allusion

Midway is ran by a stand up guy. I remember the last 2 banics and Midway was one of the very few vendors that did not price gouge. Yes, they rationed the ammo through limits but kept prices reasonable. For that, Midway has me as a long term customer.
Old January 20, 2018, 10:16 AM   #40
cw308

MidwayUSA , Midsouth Shooters Supply & Brownells .