The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old January 23, 2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Roland Thunder

Wolfe spring Kit For Rugers

I have a Ruger Security Six. I was going to get a Wolfe Spring Kit to try to lighten the trigger pull a bit. I started to do this and then I read on few boards that the Wolfe Springs don't help the Ruger trigger nearly as much as they do with Smith's.

Can anyone who has done this attest one way or the other. Does it make enough difference to be worth doing?
Old January 23, 2013, 02:20 PM   #2
kahrguy

Don't believe a word of it. Wolff springs do lighten the pull. You could also polish the hammer sides and radius the edges and clean the trigger group. Use a clp to lube and reassemble. Get that old grit out of the trigger group. You could end up with a very lite pull thats still very relible. A buddy has a bag full of ruger security siz models all litend and great shooters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96lc7XGZIxE
Old January 23, 2013, 03:04 PM   #3
Whirlwind06

I did the fluff and buff, shims, and the Wolff 12 lb hammer on my GP. Trigger pull is noticeably better. I also have spring kits for my Speed sixes just haven't gotten around to putting them in.
Old January 23, 2013, 03:07 PM   #4
Roland Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlwind06
I did the fluff and buff, shims
Do you know if there are any videos on how to do this. I prefer not to have to buy any tools to do it.
Old January 23, 2013, 03:22 PM   #5
Whirlwind06

The Ruger six series in not exactly the same, but this should give you an idea.
I might be leary of taking the tigger group apart on the speed sixes. It is a big coil spring.

http://www.teslamap.com/public/sp101...job/index.html

This is were to get the shims he has instruction on how to order the right ones.
http://triggershims.com/trigger_shims.html
Old January 23, 2013, 03:23 PM   #6
Roland Thunder

Thanks Whirl!
Old January 23, 2013, 03:49 PM   #7
rellik74

You might try and find a BullsEye sppring kit NOS new old stock. I did my ruger security six in about 1984 and have been very happy with the kit. PS I did the conversion on the coffee table
Old January 23, 2013, 08:40 PM   #8
GP100man

+1 on the shimms I feel on Ruger revolvers this is the 1 most important thing to do for smoothness & consistentcy.

If there`s drag marks on 1 side of your hammer your revolver WILL improve with shimms & Lance has kits to shimm it all ,DAs & SAs

I got a pack when he first & I`ll give em a plug , they`re stainless, very flat & fit the pins !!