The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 24, 2020, 07:06 PM   #51
Metal god

I’m just a dude with stuff as well . I recently decided to stop trying to buy better groups like golfers think a $2k set of clubs is going to knock 10 strokes of there game . I played with a used $150 set of clubs for years then bought a nice set of clubs , I literally shoot the exact same score as I did before .

I’ve bought a lot of “stuff” in the last 10 years to be able to load very consistent rounds . After buying the Redding competition seater die and concentricity gauge last year and nothing getting better . I’m done spending money on groups . Hell if you ask me I shot smaller groups $500+ ago then I do now .

I’ve decided to recommit to working on load development and shooting then I do on case prep . YMMV

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old May 24, 2020, 08:25 PM   #52
hounddawg

what Metal God said

work on load development and range practice if you want smaller groups. .308's are probably second only to the .223 for easy load development becasue both cartridges have been loaded in every way possible over the years
Old May 25, 2020, 07:17 AM   #53
Bart B.

The 30-06 has been loaded more ways than the 223 and 308 combined for over 100 years. Its equally easy, too.