The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 24, 2000, 06:34 AM   #1
Hal

There are times, not often mind you, that I want some plain ole rip roaring, punch you in the shoulder, black and blue, fire belching, body twisting, loud and obnoxious, plain ole fun.

The 12 ga Coach gun is going out for some rounds this AM! 00 buck and high brass #5's are the planned breakfast I was considering a few slugs, but I not quite that stirred to action. Maybe next time.
Old September 24, 2000, 10:21 PM   #2
Shawn Dodson

Oh man! Sounds like fun. I had any itchy trigger finger today, but I had to stay home and steam clean the carpet.

------------------
/s/ Shawn Dodson
Firearms Tactical Institute
http://www.firearmstactical.com

Old September 26, 2000, 03:16 PM   #3
Solitar

Better Yet, a double-barreled 10 gauge. But I can not bring myself to saw a foot off the barrels. For real excitement, let both barrels go at the same time!

Too bad the ammo is so expensive. I gotta get a reloading setup for 10 gauge. The gear for that seems rare. Can I re-use the factory hulls I've been saving? (Winchester, Federal, etc.)

[This message has been edited by Solitar (edited September 26, 2000).]
Old September 26, 2000, 03:43 PM   #4
Country Boy

Ah yes... It makes me remember my first taste of 3 inch 12 gauge 00 buck. It kicked the beans out of me, knocked my glasses off, and caused a huge grin to form on my face (I believe I was 12 and the shotgun weighed more than I did). I'm not sure why, but we seem to love beating ourselves up with power. Have some fun for me.
Old September 26, 2000, 04:06 PM   #5
Ledbetter

Not "beating ourselves up."

"Conditioning."

Ledbetter
Old September 27, 2000, 12:50 AM   #6
Hal

LOL! It's been three days, the bruise is real nice-feeling has returned to my arm-I'm not flinching at the "click" of the mouse anymore-.

What a ball! Was it worth it?- Oh YEAH! Since it was a drizzly morning, each shot shook the roof over the station and sent a VERY satisfying torrent of water down in front of me. The Coach gun goes back in the safe until the next time I feel like a frolic!
ouch!