The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 5, 2017, 03:46 PM   #1
ammo.crafter

Charles Daly 12ga SXS

I have a 1967-68 Charles Daly SXS 12ga that was made by Beretta and I was wondering if anyone has an idea of its value.

The bores are excellent and stock does show some wear.

Function is perfect.

Thanks.
Old July 6, 2017, 06:16 AM   #2
eastbank

i have a CD 500 made in japan by miroku field grade in very good condition that i paid 200.00 for several years ago and i think that was a very good price. i would not take 500.00 for mine and yours should be worth that and maybe more. eastbank.
Old July 6, 2017, 06:32 PM   #3
FITASC

Beretta trumps Miroku every day.

Mirokus are now running about $1200+ in VG condition; otherwise 800 or so
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old July 7, 2017, 12:45 PM   #4
Tony Z

Wow, I have a Miroku CD O/U, early 70's, diamond grade, 12 ga. I paid either $300 or $400 for it in the early 80's, knowing at the time I was paying retail, but I liked and wanted the gun.
Old July 7, 2017, 01:21 PM   #5
FITASC

Miroku CDs are EXCELLENT guns...........they make Brownings as well. IMO, Beretta is better. Browning/Mirokus tend to be heavy; sometimes that is good, sometimes it isn't. That's up to you to determine
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old July 20, 2017, 12:08 PM   #6
ammo.crafter

CD SXS

Thanks, all.