The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old January 18, 2011, 06:48 PM   #1
mes227

Bad service at LG Outdoors

Recently I did an on-line buy from LG Outdoors (of Montgomery, AL) of a simple $31 scope ring. The check out system kept rejecting my GunBroker.com user name though it was correct (I verified and I'm a fairly high-volume GB user!) Seven attempts at checking out followed by phone calls and emails over a couple of days -- to no avail, so I explained my problem to the service person who said they would cancel the say and "not to worry". So I bought the ring elsewhere - I had a $500 scope that couldn't be used for lack of a ring.

12 days later I get an email demanding that I pay. Many emails later they insist that now their check out is working and I must pay for the item. I explain that I've already bought the ring since it's been almost 2 weeks! They even admit in an email that the problem was on their end. Nevertheless they've now posted a Non Pay Buyer alert on GunBroker.

Seems unreasonable on two accounts: (1) I make a Herculean effort to pay for the item but their check out system failed, and (2) their customer service rep said they'd reverse the sale BEFORE I found another ring so I acted on that statement. I'll never buy from them again.
Old January 18, 2011, 10:33 PM   #2
curt.45

removed by Curt.45

my bad.

Last edited by curt.45; January 19, 2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old January 19, 2011, 12:51 AM   #3
Mal H
Staff

I'm moving this to the Retail Deals and Feedback forum where it belongs.

Please note - posts from here on must follow the rules for the Feedback forum, mainly if you're not involved with the deal or haven't dealt with the subject business, don't post in this thread.
Old March 23, 2012, 07:38 PM   #4
africanhunter

I think you just ran into a computer clitch. I know many very satisfied customer and they have a very large selection of shooting products at great prices. If you ever have a problem there just ask to talk with the VP Gordon Marsh. He is very good at helping customers.
Old August 22, 2014, 01:01 AM   #5
David Hineline

Terrible Liars

From their gunbroker feedback it appears many many of their transactions go well. When it does not go well this company just flat out lies.

I did a buy it now of a product on Gunbroker.com supposed to be in stock, I paid extra for faster shipping, it never came. I contacted and got some lame excuse about how the shipping clerk could not understand my shipping address. We got that corrected, Was told it would overnight express, it never arrived then a week later I got an email saying the item was backordered, but the item was also relisted on gunbroker.com as being in stock. I asked for a refund and a week later the company finally processed my refund.
Old August 25, 2014, 07:01 AM   #6
chiefr

My experience is negative. They list stuff on GB that they simply do not have in stock. Also unless things have changed, they use UPS to ship. Thus if you order one small item, you pay exorbitant shipping.
Old April 5, 2016, 09:25 PM   #7
lcheagle

Dishonest seller

They show cheap items in stock to lure you. When you buy they never ship the product and when you request a refund they charge 5% cancellation fee. They count on people not doing anything because it's only 5%.
I had to call my CC company to get all my money. Consider yourself warned
Old April 6, 2016, 05:25 AM   #8
Spats McGee
Staff

No reason to resurrect a 5-year old thread.