The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old September 17, 2020, 06:37 PM   #76
Carl the Floor Walker

Lol:, "Well "Sparky"? no need for a Snowflake meltdown or loss of your control. You are right, no one may care about my opinion or preferences. That is what makes the world go around.
But for sure not everyone agrees with yours. May God help them if they do not. You made the statement, not up to me to prove anything. You back up your own statement.roll eyes:
And by the way, get over the bit about "Your customers", no one cares. Just curious, do you go on the attack with your "Customers" if they disagree with you? Scary, especially since you operate out of your home. At the very least unprofessional, even if done on the internet.

Last edited by Carl the Floor Walker; September 17, 2020 at 07:21 PM.
Old September 17, 2020, 07:44 PM   #77
amd6547

Owning three Glocks currently and having previously owned two others, I have to say...
Glocks are boring...boringly reliable.
The Browning HiPower was my pistol for a couple decades. Then I got a G17 in a trade. Loved its light weight. Looked for, and found a deal on a G26. Found I shot the G26 as well as, or better than the HiPower, and switched right then.
One thing I really appreciate about the Glock is it’s ease of complete detail stripping disassembly, something it shares with the 1911, and not much else.
Old September 17, 2020, 09:34 PM   #78
Blue Duck

I have noticed that there a lot of Glock fanboys and Glock haters, Same with the 1911. I am not a Glock fanboy, but I do like them for what they are. I do own several of them but I also own several 1911's and yes I can shoot the 1911's better at long range or even short range, but the Glocks of the last several years are pretty accurate, hampered by a sorry trigger pull but the trigger pull can be adapted to fairly well with practice, and if one will up grade to a lighter trigger, they can be be shot pretty good. When I say they, I mean in my own experience, Glock 17's 19's and 22's. I don't care for the others as well, myself.

I have a stock Glock 22 with a Ghost Trigger, which is a little lighter then stock, (well, I forgot it does have a better set of aftermarket nightsights on it, too) with with I can hit a man shaped IDPA gong set up 90 yards from my yard fence. I will hit it a high percentage of the time. The 1911's are a little easier, and a 6 Inch Smith and Wesson L frame .357 will hardly ever miss at all if I do my part.

That's no brag, just fact, and lot of other people can do the same.
The Glocks are just tools to me, but they are accurate enough for my uses and easy to replace if one was to get lost or stolen, and the models I mentioned are normally quite reliable.

Last edited by Blue Duck; September 17, 2020 at 09:41 PM.
Old September 18, 2020, 12:27 AM   #79
JohnKSa
Staff

At the moment, I own pistols made by more than a dozen different manufacturers.

The Glocks I own are not my favorite pistols, but they do spend more time doing self-defense/carry duty than any of the other guns I own.

They work well, they're easy to use, sufficiently accurate and durable. Magazines are cheap, nearly every handgun accessory maker sells products for them and working on them is very simple. So if there are things you don't like about them, it's easy to make changes from a wide variety of quality options--usually at minimal expense. I don't do much to my carry Glocks other than to replace the sights.

I don't know why people get so wound up about Glocks, but that just seems to be the way it is and the way it's always going to be as long as Glocks are around.

There are some guns out there that I don't like. I've found a perfect solution for that problem. I don't buy them. So far it's worked for me. And probably most people don't even know what guns I don't care for--because I rarely bother posting about them.
Old September 18, 2020, 12:29 AM   #80
Carl the Floor Walker

I have not met many actual Glock haters. But have met many that just have a ambivalence to them. Just prefer other Pistols for what ever reason and there are many. But obviously if you do not love the Glock, then they label you as a Glock hater.
I certainly do not hate them, in fact I actually like the way they look. And every year, I always take a Glock out to shoot thinking I will change my mind. Usually will shoot one of my favorites against the Glock to see if lighting will strike me and and I see the light.
This year I took the 43x out. Nice gun, no failures, but just did nothing for me. Really did not like how it handled.
But that is just me, others love the gun. Next year I will try again.

I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the good shepherd."

PS The dang 43X gave me a good blister on my trigger finger

Last edited by Carl the Floor Walker; September 18, 2020 at 12:43 AM.
Old September 18, 2020, 03:37 AM   #81
raimius

The 43 tends to beat up my trigger finger, but the 43x does not. Might be the full grip I can get on the 43x.

Glocks are not very intriguing pistols, but they are utilitarian.
Old September 18, 2020, 09:37 AM   #82
dogtown tom

Quote:
Carl the Floor Walker Lol:, "Well "Sparky"? no need for a Snowflake meltdown or loss of your control.
I'm not the one whining about Glock. If anyone has lost control, its the guy who contradicts himself in the same paragraph.

Quote:
But for sure not everyone agrees with yours. May God help them if they do not.
True. I will bring down the wrath of the gods on doubters. Get a grip dude, its a discussion forum. If you can't handle discussion then maybe the internet isn't for you.

Quote:
You made the statement, not up to me to prove anything. You back up your own statement.roll eyes:
So.....you are saying you really have no proof. You called my comment "BS"...prove why. Otherwise you are just noise.

Quote:
And by the way, get over the bit about "Your customers", no one cares.
Apparently you care, otherwise you wouldn't mention it.

Quote:
Just curious, do you go on the attack with your "Customers" if they disagree with you?
Nope. I put them in the basement.

Quote:
Scary, especially since you operate out of your home.
I don't live my life in fear, at home or not at home. If what I wrote is scary you should just curl up with a good book. I suggest "Glock: The Rise of America's Gun". Warning: it may make you cry.

Quote:
At the very least unprofessional, even if done on the internet.
Huh? I've not called your opinions stupid, that you chose the wrong gun, that the gun you love is terrible.

Me pointing out the fallacies and contradictions in your posts isn't unprofessional, its part of engaging in discussion. If you don't agree then stand up and offer up something other than "unprofessional".

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old September 18, 2020, 10:56 AM   #83
Carl the Floor Walker

Man I am having such a good time watching you lose it. Heck, Lol, I read that book years ago. Loved the way ole Gaston learned how to play the bid system. And yep, you are the one who really needs to do some serious research. So sorry I burst your bubble.
Instead of loosing sleep and pace walking throughout your house and just waiting for a customer to come in and not agree with you, read the Glock book again. You missed the whole substance of how the Glock actually won so many bids. Glock is a good gun, but so many other guns just as good or better guns out there.
Old September 18, 2020, 11:00 AM   #84
COSteve

Posting opinions as fact most always backfires as others are open to post their opinions as fact too.

The OP's post is basically a slam on Glocks. You may agree or disagree but it's by no means a factual representation of anything.
Old September 18, 2020, 02:03 PM   #85
dogtown tom

Quote:
Carl the Floor Walker ......Glock is a good gun, but so many other guns just as good or better guns out there.
Yet despite being asked, you refuse to give us the list of "so many other guns just as good or better guns out there".

I'll wait.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old September 18, 2020, 06:20 PM   #86
HighDesert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtown tom View Post
Yet despite being asked, you refuse to give us the list of "so many other guns just as good or better guns out there".

I'll wait.
You may have to define some categories first.

For crawling through mud -
For using as a hammer -
For throwing when out of ammo -
For turning in on a buy back program -
For starting mud slinging on forums -
For proving money is no object -
For getting your web pinched -
For reliability -
For winning the prize for most parts -
For winning the prize for least parts -
For gangsta use -
For least likely to blow your junk off in a draw -
For most likely to blow your junk off in a draw -
For the ugliest category -
For the sexiest category -
For the cheapest -
For the best looking finish -
For the most durable finish -
For the worst finish -

Okay go...
Old September 18, 2020, 08:56 PM   #87
JohnKSa
Staff

Ok, I had hopes that we might save this one, but I don't see it going anywhere productive from here. Maybe making 4 pages before the lock should be viewed as an accomplishment?