The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old November 6, 2006, 08:39 PM   #26
Gunrnr

Cheaper than Dirt

My experience is that CTD has always used their catalog prices as a come-on and then piled on the S&H costs. I've seen orders go over 35% after the add-ons.

IMHO, Midway and Brownells are the most fair and honest suppliers, running neck-in-neck for the honor. Additionally, in all the yrs I've done business with Midway and Brownells, anytime there was an issue they cleared it up immediately. They didn't give me the third degree, no BS, no arguments, no "it's the manufacturer's fault" -- NONE of that crap. I sent in the defective item, they sent me a new item AND reimbursed me for the shipping back to them.

Since I have a small gun business, I often use Midway or Brownells as a secondary source or for items I can't get anywhere else, but I still spend a considerable amount of money with them. The interesting thing is that several friends and customers who do the typical $50.00 to $150.00 per year that most shooters would do, STILL rave about their service.

Just my $0.02 worth.

No S&H charges today!

~Rick
The Gunrunner
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] by the clean end."
http://nationalgunforum.com/index.php
Old November 7, 2006, 06:26 PM   #27
ragwd

I just finished a deal with cheaper than dirt, first time. 6 items weighing 18 pounds. two packages one, from Texas one from another southern state(I forgot which). $18 for shipping. Before packages arrive they sent a email telling me one of the items was out of stock. Refund hit my account within 5 days.Seemed like a seamless transaction.....maybe i was just lucky