The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 18, 2009, 04:16 PM   #1
Rocky72

Stevens Model 940e Stock question

I am working on a Stevens Model 940e 20ga. I need a stock for it I don’t have one for it at all. This shotgun was found at the bottom of a cabinet and it had a bent barrel. I was able to cut the barrel down to 19" and was going to cut down a stock to make sure that it is inside the overall length of 26" to be legal this gun will be used as a snake gun that stays in the barn so looks don’t really matter. But a replacement stock for it is around $50 and don’t really want to spend that to just cut it up for this project. Now finally to the question, I was wondering if a Winchester stock would fit it or if there was an adapter that could be used. My problem is that like the Winchester the back of the receiver is V shaped making it hard to just fit a stock on it and with it being a single shot I can’t just put a pistol grip on it.

Thank you for your help
Justin