The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old October 15, 2013, 03:55 AM   #1
45long

Armscor 206 38 Spl

Just wondering . I read a few reviews praising this little 38 spl . Anyone have any experience with one? I really like the looks of these little colt detective look-a-likes. I think is they were stripped and re-blued they'd look sharp.

Let me hear it
Old October 15, 2013, 09:18 AM   #2
bedbugbilly

The indoor range that I shoot at had 3 or 4 of them (new) for sale last winter when I was in AZ. I sort of liked the finish which looked like it was parkerized. From what I've read on them, they aren't bad little revolvers - certainly not a Colt or a Smith but in their price range, decent. I thought it would make a good knock around gun. What stopped me cold was the price the range was asking for them. This was at the height of the "buy frenzy" and like a lot of places, they were trying to make a fast buck due to supply and demand.

If you could find one at the right price - it could be a fun project to strip and refinish in blue. If you decide to get one and do it over I hope you'll post some photos. I like projects like that!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old October 15, 2013, 05:28 PM   #3
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Search is your friend:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...hlight=armscor

http://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=140
Old October 15, 2013, 09:38 PM   #4
Onward Allusion

I had both the M200 and M206. Sold the M200 'cause I hand enough 4" revolvers. I absolutely love the M206. The finish is Parkerized - nothing special... It's a snub & holds 6. The slightly heavier weight absorbs recoil better. Swapped out the wood grips with Pachmayr grips and it's now one of the softest shooting snubs I have. Accuracy on par with any S&W, Taurus, or Charter Arms snub. They used to cost right around $200. Probably tack on another $50 to $75 these days.
Old October 16, 2013, 10:38 AM   #5
45long

Actually see a couple improvements over the colt. Like the coil main spring over the Leaf spring Colt has.

I had a Taurus ultra lite for a while. Loved the feel of the little pistol but has to ship it back to the factory 2 times . Another thing I don't like is the monogrip system they have. keeps me from making custom grips. I have a Taurus 405 which the heavier guns they seem to be made better than the lighter ones. Other than the monogrip ,which I replaced, I like the gun .A 40S&W with moon clips. I couldn't resist. We'll see how it holds up after I reload a 1000 or so rounds for it.

I never liked Taurus' quality years ago and everyone says have gotten better , not sure how much better. They do have a good warranty, but I'm not quite sure they should command the high prices that they are getting now days..I am familiar with the quality of RIA /Armscor and am pretty impressed for the price.

Been trying to get one of their government 1911s used but around here that has one loves em and won't part with it.
Old October 17, 2013, 12:49 PM   #6
kerreckt

I own a model 200 and it is a tack driver. Great revolver!
Old October 17, 2013, 02:40 PM   #7
lowercase

I keep meaning to grab a M200 or M206 to add to my revolver collection, but local stores by me never have them, and the online retailers are either out of stock, or have jacked the prices way up.

BTW, I saw a brand new M200 a few months back, and it was marked as a "Rock Island Armory" gun. Maybe Armscor decided to put their revolvers under the umbrella of the RIA brand name.