The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 22, 2019, 02:10 PM   #1
hounddawg

55 round load development - tested @300 yards

A few weeks back I came up with a new to me method for load development. I made a thread on it here https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=599693 . I took the data from that test loaded up 75 more rounds and shot a 96% aggregate at 600 the next week.

Last week I used the same method while breaking in a new barrel and the results are in attachment 1. I wanted to get some brass once fired for a upcoming match coming up so I loaded another 35 rounds up and headed to the range. Temp was in mid 30's and I had a 7 - 10 mph wind switching from 9 o'clock to 11 o'clock. I shot the first few rounds getting my scope dope for 300, 600, and 800 then taped this target at 300. Shot 5 sighters, (over) adjusted the scope and shot my last 18. The target is attachment 2. It is a pretty safe bet that this will be the method I use for load development from here on out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6CM load test.jpg (194.8 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg 6mmCM.jpg (105.2 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by hounddawg; January 22, 2019 at 02:18 PM.