The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 27, 2012, 04:12 PM   #1
Surgical Precision

Concealed Carry; Take 2 - PX4 Compact vs P07 Duty

Well after much fondling and dry firing, I have decided against a Striker trigger and prefer a DA/SA trigger. As stated before, I live in BFE with no access to a rental range. Between the Beretta PX4 Compact and the CZ P07 Duty, which would serve me better? I chose these two based on overall size. Anything else out there I am missing that's in the same ballpark?
Old June 27, 2012, 04:22 PM   #2
iMagUdspEllr

CZ P07 has the safety located in a better location IMO. As long as you can get night sights and a good holster for the CZ that is what I would get. Have you looked into the FNP or FNX 9?
Old June 27, 2012, 05:07 PM   #3
xRobertTheBrucex

I am a biased CZ fan so I'm definitely going to vote for the P07. I like both brands but CZ has always performed remarkably well for me.

I would love to hear your feedback!
Old June 27, 2012, 05:23 PM   #4
Burner

CZ +100000.

It is Glock 19 size - in other words, the perfect sized handgun for general purpose use and has a great SA trigger.
Old June 27, 2012, 08:43 PM   #5
HKGuns

Handle both before you decide. I went to a store intending to walk out with a PX4 and I just couldn't get used to the controls layout of the pistol.
Old June 27, 2012, 11:27 PM   #6
tahunua001

never have had a chance to fire either but the PO7 just looks like a more user friendly design.

as is customary when I talking about Berettas I am obligated to mention that the safeties are HORRIBLE!!!
Old June 28, 2012, 12:17 AM   #7
Mosin44az

I have owned two P07s. The first one was perfect, and I regretted selling it, so I got another that wasn't so perfect, in fact oddly finicky about what it would feed or even fit into the chamber. The P07 shoots nicely, accurate with a nice DA trigger and decocker. Felt kind of plasticky for a CZ though.

Owned a PX4 .40 which was too big for my hand DA, but was otherwise perfect. Very high apparent quality and solidity for a polymer gun. Also though, as mentioned above, a bad safety set up, requiring a pull down to decock and then separate push up and forward to reset to fire.

Alternatives? Maybe a SIG P239, which would be more expensive but otherwise rates highly. Longer, heavier DA pull than the P07.

HK USP Compact Variant 1 LOTS more expensive.

FNX 9 really good, high quality, somewhat bigger.

Since you can't apparently check them out in person, do some more research on the P07 to see if there are widespread problems. If not, go that way, it's more likely to fit your hand and have a lighter DA trigger, and it has a nicer decocking system. But no question the Beretta would be an excellent gun.
Old June 28, 2012, 12:29 AM   #8
willmc33

Sig Sauer P239

The Sig Sauer P239 is a superb CCW weapon. High quality, reliablity, accuracy, thinner then a P07 as it is actually pretty wide.
Old June 30, 2012, 07:32 AM   #9
Mercenary

If you're considering CZ, go with the P-01 or PCR. Much better quality IMO than the P-07. The P-01 is NATO approved so you know it will be a reliable platform.