The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 21, 2016, 07:20 AM   #51
B.L.E.

Quote:
And they say more accidents happen in the home.
Mostly because that's where we spend most of our time. Same logic as most traffic accidents happen close to home, that's where we do most of our driving.
Old January 21, 2016, 07:26 AM   #52
B.L.E.

Quote:
Than stay home because the risk of an injury happening while driving your car is far greater than some mythical burning ember in a cap and ball revolver's chamber. Your argument can be correctly addressed as a logical fallacy.
Most people drive a lot more than they shoot. Time exposed to risk is a big factor. The probability of me having a wreck on my way to work this particular morning is very low, but the probability of me having a wreck sometime in my life is pretty high.
The same thing goes for flying, most of us spend very little time in airplanes compared to time spent in cars. Of course we are more likely to die in a car than in an airplane.